City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Manager of Corporate Partnerships
Habitat for Humanity - NYC
Job Overview: The Manager of Corporate Partnerships, is a relatively new position with Habitat NYC. It is an exciting opportunity to lead the development and implementation our corporate program, focused primarily on expanding and diversifying Habitat NYC's base of corporate support. The position will report to the Director of Development in a role that will promote Habitat's fundraising and secure support for general operating and homebuilding purposes. The Manager of Corporate Partnerships will recruit and supervise an intern who will assist with research, drafting of proposals and correspondence and provide administrative support.
• Develop and implement strategy to manage, sustain and nurture existing relationships as well as engage new partners and pursue prospective partners.
• Cultivate a portfolio of prospective corporate partners to expand partner base through research, mail/email campaigns, social selling, cold-calls, and invitations among corporations.
• Coordinate corporate partnership build activity, including cultivating and managing the relationship, overcoming issues, preparing customized presentation materials, responding to follow-up inquiries, etc.
• Responsible for preparing materials and pitches that can be delivered in person, by video conferencing and/or over the phone to develop relationships.
• Take prospects through all phases of business development cycle, including sales calls and meetings, presentations and proposals, letters of agreement, budgets and contract negotiations.
• Prepare grant applications for corporate foundations for funding.
• Create written weekly/monthly reports and updates to Director regarding pipeline development and revenue projections.
• Create budgets and facilitate new business partnerships, renewal partnerships and program sales that achieve annual organization goals.
• Secure corporate partnership and site day revenue in excess of $1.4 million and support colleagues to reach revenue target of $5.5M+
• Work closely with colleagues in other departments to implement all programs in alignment with the organization's new strategy roadmap and to meet all contractual obligations.
• Maintain a solid understanding of Habitat NYC’s mission, strategies, culture, values, history, programs and initiatives, and stay abreast of trends in corporate social responsibility.
• Work closely with Event Manager on strategic corporate partnerships for events such as the Gala and special build days.
Candidate should have a college degree and at least 4-5 years of corporate, foundation or non-profit experience. Prior experience should include responsibility for revenue generation, fundraising programs and/or direct sales
• Exceptional creative and persuasive written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with staff, community leaders and senior level executives.
• Demonstrated ability to represent Habitat NYC professionally.
• Experience in direct revenue generation, fundraising, or sales. Experience in both non-profit and corporate environments a plus.
• Strong track record in prospecting for and building and cultivating partner/client/account relationships. Experience in New York City is highly desired.
• Demonstrated experience in creating collateral for corporate communications including proposals, presentations, brochures and reports.
• Demonstrated experience successfully negotiating partnerships and/or contracts.
• Demonstrated ability to write grant applications for corporate foundations.
• Demonstrated ability to be a creative and resourceful problem solver; able to balance tension between partner expectations and organizational capabilities, strategies and results.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, driven and goal oriented.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to think strategically and execute efficiently and effectively.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Advanced computer skills (Sales Force, Donor Perfect and/or Raiser’s Edge preferred) and expertise in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; Power Point; Outlook) and other graphic programs including InDesign.
• Passion for the vision and mission of Habitat NYC. Strong interest in the issue of affordable housing and ending the cycle of poverty for families.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, self-motivated and have the ability to manage multiple task and goals, problem-solve and maintain high ethical standards, tact and diplomacy skills. Regular travel among the five boroughs and occasional evening and weekend hours are required for special events.
How TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter indicating salary range and a resume to be considered for the position to the Director of Development, Tracy Cramer, email@example.com. No phone calls. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled immediately. Candidates will be required to submit writing and work samples of corporate sales or revenue collateral.
Habitat for Humanity New York City, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, transforms lives and our city by uniting all New Yorkers around the cause of decent, affordable housing. To date, we have built more than 300 homes in New York City, engaging thousands of volunteers each year. Habitat NYC builds in all five boroughs.