City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- COORDINATOR - JOB PLACEMENT PROGRAM
- RFP for Expert GIS Technology Consultant
- Communications - Copywriter / Graphic Designer
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
North Star Fund
Do you want to help grassroots activist groups in New York City get the funding they need to make lasting social change? Can you explain the complexity of community organizing so it's easy to understand? Are you known for being highly organized and a whiz with administrative systems? Do you love facilitating groups and working with volunteers?
North Star Fund is New York's community foundation supporting grassroots groups leading the movement for equality, economic justice and peace. By inspiring donors to give and awarding grants for grassroots organizing and activism, North Star Fund is building a community of progressive leaders in a movement to achieve lasting social change.
When effective grassroots activists get the strategic support and advice they need from North Star Fund - from the day they begin through months and years of growth - the result is highly effective organizing and major wins for social justice. Our cutting edge activist-led grantmaking process, which puts the decision making in the hands of activists on the front lines, working in partnership with our board members and donors, shifts the power dynamics of philanthropy and ensures our resources go directly to marginalized communities where they're needed most.
The Program Coordinator will coordinate our activist-led grantmaking programs. The ideal candidate will be an administrative whiz who can clearly explain community organizing and facilitate a smooth grantmaking process. This position will report to and work closely with the Deputy Director, who directs our grantmaking strategy and technical assistance programs.
• Support, manage and facilitate our volunteer funding committee through reviewing proposals, site visiting potential grantees, and making final decisions on grants;
• Respond to all grant applicants in a timely fashion, clearly explaining our guidelines and priorities, including expedited requests that allow groups to respond to late-breaking events;
• Ensure legal and due diligence requirements are met, including collecting necessary documents from grantees, performing accurate data entry and keeping accurate files;
• Provide administrative support to our technical assistance programs for grantees;
• Assist in capturing and communicating grantee victories and successes to demonstrate the tremendous impact our grantees have on NYC’s political landscape;
• Supervise a college intern to assist with administrative tasks.
• Solid understanding of progressive social justice issues, community organizing and grassroots activism in New York City, and ability to communicate this to diverse audiences;
• Strong facilitation and volunteer management skills;
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
• Able to meet deadlines, manage a project with many moving parts and sweat the details;
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
How TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to North Star Fund, 520 8th Ave. Suite 2203, NY, NY 10018-6656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Application close date: Rolling with expectation to fill the position in April.
North Star Fund is firmly committed to affirmative action and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ, elderly and disabled candidates to apply. We appreciate all applicants, but please be advised that we can only respond to those best qualified for the position.