City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
- SW - Scattered Site (LI) Social Worker
- Analyst (Community Coordinator)
- RESEARCH SCIENTIST // City Research Scientist II
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
OurDC is a community-based organization fighting for racial and economic justice for the city's low-income and working class, predominantly African American population. We prioritize leadership development to amplify the voices of historically marginalized peoples and organizing campaigns founded on a comprehensive race/class/power analysis, research and leveraging labor, community, faith and political relationships to advance a progressive policy agenda and vision for a just society.
OurDC is an emerging and growing organization which has helped workers fight for rights and dignity on the job, against corporate and public economic development pushing out working families from the city, and for humane immigration reforms, among other issues. We recently worked on the campaign to push the Administration for an executive order to raise the minimum wage for workers in federal buildings http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/miniumum- wage-executive-order-barack-obama-103450.html? hp=r3. OurDC is a partner of the Center for Popular Democracy, a national training and support center for community organizing groups based in Washington, DC.
• Providing for OurDC’s monthly bookkeeping needs, tracking expenses, reimbursements and organizational budget and responsible for vendor accounts, office supplies and equipment;
• Managing the database system to grow individual and organizational memberships and coordinating administrative support for grassroots fundraising campaigns;
• Tracking leadership development of members and other activities and coordinating the database system for mobilizing members for campaigns and events;
• Event and action planning including but not limited to administrative and transportation needs;
• Ensuring that OurDC registrations are updated and in good standing;
• Supporting administrative needs and monitoring calendar for foundation fundraising, including reporting and deadlines;
• Manage organizational newsletter distribution, social media and communications, and campaign and events materials; and
• Support of HR, the organizing team, meetings for the Board of Directors, and other paperwork needs.
• Commitment to OurDC’s mission to organize with directly impacted communities for racial and economic justice
• Bookkeeping experience – including experience with QuickBooks;
• Good computer skills – including fast and accurate typing, and an ability to quickly learn new programs;
• Experience managing office needs;
• Excellent organizational skills – attention to detail and well organized;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently; and
• Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations.
How TO APPLY:
People of Color, GLBQT and women strongly urged to apply. Please include “Operations Assistant” in the subject heading of the email. Send resume and detailed cover letter to: email@example.com.