City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- COORDINATOR - JOB PLACEMENT PROGRAM
- RFP for Expert GIS Technology Consultant
- Communications - Copywriter / Graphic Designer
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Program Director - Scattered Site
Lantern Community Services
We are seeking a dynamic and accomplished Program Director who can bring programmatic and operational management expertise to implementing our scattered site supportive housing program for chronically homeless, mentally ill adults and families. The Program Director will lead a team of over ten diverse staff, to assist this population in stabilizing their lives, maintaining their housing stability and advancing towards their individualized goals. Successful execution of this complex program necessitates the ability to supervise and guide a mobile staff across Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island; and comprehensive knowledge and facility with organizational and funder regulations, data collection systems and property management to ensure fully compliant clinical and rental records and practices, high occupancy rates, and well- maintained properties.
The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree in Social Work, Public Administration or relavant field (required), demonstrated leadership skills and keen judgment essential for planning and accomplishing goals, navigating challenging bureaucratic systems and providing strong staff supervision. He or she will also have experience working with the chronically homeless population that has been impacted by mental illness, substance abuse, legal and medical issues. The Program Director will have very strong administrative skills and operational expertise. Some knowledge of affordable housing is preferred. The Program Director reports to the Executive Director. This position is exempt.
Hire, train, supervise and develop a program team with a strong sense of accountability for achieving outcomes for residents and complying with Lantern and funder regulations and requirements.
Establish program-wide priority for keeping accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date electronic and paper records for all residents and utilizing data to advance work to support clients. The Program Director is responsible for monitoring staff compliance and providing training and support resources.
Assess serious incidents, review appropriateness of incident management and make corrections as needed.
Provide case management support to staff as needed.
Actively engage in training that promotes the Program Director's professional development and identifies trainings to support Program staff.
Provide monthly written reports to Senior Management in collaboration with the Case Management Supervisor for NYC
Provide regular, ongoing supervision of staff as appropriate.
Property Management and Community Partnerships
Oversee the lease-up of rental units to maintain high occupancy rates and ensure that all prospective residents are properly screened to reside safely in the scattered site program.
Ensure that apartment conditions meet quality maintenance and cleanliness standards and oversee all needed repairs within a limited budget.
Develop linkages with community organizations to support the work of the program.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work (licensed), Public Administration or related field required
• Valid driver’s license and car are required. Must be comfortable traveling in the community to meet with clients when necessary.
• Experience with electronic case management systems, and demonstrated ability to utilize and review data to inform best practices in service provision.
• Minimum of three years supervisory experience.
• At least three to five years of progressive experience in implementing a direct service program.
• Ability to work well under pressure, including crisis situations, and be flexible with work schedule when necessary.
• Some experience working with single adults and families impacted by poverty, chronic homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse and medical issues is preferred.
• Knowledge of mental health, substance abuse and chronic homelessness is preferred.
How TO APPLY:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position and the population served to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check
Notice: Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
Lantern Organization, a not-for-profit housing developer and service provider established in 1997 to strengthen New York City communities, provides affordable housing and opportunities for personal enrichment and growth. Lantern Community Services (LCS) is the social service affiliate of Lantern Organization. LCS’s scattered site supported housing program serves approximately 175 clients in Kings, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk counties. Our clients have a history of mental illness, substance abuse, HIV/AIDS and chronic homelessness and are at risk of cycling between homelessness, emergency and institutional systems without affordable permanent housing and support services. For more information on Lantern Organization, please visit our website at www.lanterngroup.org.