City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- COORDINATOR - JOB PLACEMENT PROGRAM
- RFP for Expert GIS Technology Consultant
- Associate Clinic Director-LCSW (Bronx)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
National Campaign Co-Director, Racial Justice/Immi
Center for Popular Democracy
The Center for Popular Democracy builds organizing power to transform the local, state, and the national policy landscape through deep, long-term partnerships with leading community organizing groups and progressive labor unions nationwide.
We seek an experienced and energetic professional to help lead our Campaign Department and to drive campaign strategies in a range of areas, including potentially: immigration, racial justice, education, healthcare, climate justice and more. The National Campaign Co-Director reports directly to the Co-Executive Director. A second Campaign Co-Director oversees our economic justice, housing, and Wall St. accountability strategies. The Campaign Director will be responsible for the management, strategic development, and day-to-day operation of the Campaign Department. In addition to managing others who are driving campaigns, she or he will provide direct leadership on one or more national issue strategies. A strong candidate need not bring immediate expertise in all of the covered issue areas, but must have strong management skills, effective leadership qualities, and experience with large-scale or national issue campaigns.
The candidate will report to the Co-Executive Director and will:
• Oversee and provide leadership for the development and success of the Campaign Department;
• Manage the program staff of the Campaign Department in the issue areas of responsibility. Over time, help grow the team and the department;
• Assist state partner organizations in the development and implementation of national, state, and local issue campaigns. We are looking in particular with candidates who have experience with innovative and rigorous approaches to campaigning, and the management expertise and relational nuance to work with state and local organizations in building out such campaigns;
• Build campaigns in ways that increase the knowledge, expertise, experience and capacity of our state and local partners;
• Represent the organization at external meetings, coalition tables, conferences, etc.;
• Identify and leverage issue campaign opportunities that reflect the mission of CPD and that support growing the capacity of our state partner organizations;
• Participate in regular meetings of the Senior Staff Team that support the growth and organizational development of CPD;
• With assistance from colleagues, develop the budget and fundraising plan for the Campaign Department.
• Minimum 7 years organizing experience (labor or community, or non-candidate electoral);
• Experience leading organizing campaigns with national significance or impact;
• Understanding of issues facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate-income families;
• Experience building and working with broad-based issue coalitions;
• Comfort with the implementation of a range of campaign strategies and tactics, ranging from legislative campaigns to corporate campaigns, from electoral work to digital organizing;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills - good attention to detail and well organized;
• Self-motivated - proven ability to work independently;
• Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
• Dedication and ability to work flexible hours;
• Spanish/English bilingual preferred but not required.
How TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com