City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Program Associate, Global Doctors for Choice
Physicians for Reproductive Health
In addition to providing organizational and administrative support, the Associate will work closely with the Sr. Management team of GDC to expand, develop, implement and enforce systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of GDC activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with the GDC Sr. Management team on all action centers’ activities
• Research medical literature and topics as assigned
• Fact-check papers and submit for publication
• Draft position statements, rapid responses, and letters on behalf of GDC
• Sign petitions and engage in calls to action on behalf of GDC
• Collaborate with GDC Sr. Management on development of strategic and operational plan; support/follow its implementation
• Collect and repurpose content for www.globaldoctorsforchoice.org
• Manage logistics and participate in monthly calls with Lead and Co-Lead doctors
• Plan and coordinate all logistics for all conferences, workshops, meetings, and trainings
• Collect and disseminate regular updates from action centers, founders, and steering committee
• Create and disseminate newsletter
• Monitor and provide analytic reports from Fenton on the GDC website
• Maintain a calendar of international meetings and conferences and coordinate the logistics for GDC participation
• Coordinate translation and interpretation needs
• Take notes at every meeting and circulate; follow up and ensure resolutions are carried out
• Fulfill Lead and Co-Lead doctor requests for support when feasible
• Conduct and circulate media scans on action center countries
• Prepare all conference and meeting materials
• Process all purchase orders
• Manage general GDC email account
• Maintain and update all GDC contact lists
• BA/BS required, MPH strongly preferred
• Professional working proficiency in written and spoken Spanish required; Portuguese a plus
• Knowledge of international sexual and reproductive health and rights preferred
• 2-5 years experience working in an administrative support function
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Expert knowledge on conducting quality literature searches on online databases
• Expert knowledge in multiple reference citation formats
• Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional, cultural, and educational backgrounds
• Ability to multi-task and meet competing deadlines
• Strong commitment to the reproductive health and rights of all people
• Ability to integrate technology to advance activities (Skype, videoconferencing, etc)
• Sense of humor and flexibility
How TO APPLY:
To apply for a position, please email your resume and cover letter which must include salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Program Associate, GDC" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Accepting resumes until position is filled.
Physicians for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Physicians for Reproductive Health (Physicians) is a physician-led, national, not-for-profit organization that exists to ensure that all people have the knowledge, access to quality services, and freedom to make their own reproductive health decisions. We implement effective programs for our physician members in public policy, community organizing, communications, and medical education at the systems, organizational, and individual levels. Headquartered in New York, we are the voice of pro-choice physicians
Global Doctors for Choice (GDC), operating under the fiscal sponsorship of Physicians, is an international network of physicians committed to improving reproductive health status around the world. We advocate for access to safe reproductive health care and contribute the powerful yet often missing physician’s voice to global advocacy efforts promoting reproductive health and rights, including safe abortion, by creating opportunities for doctors to engage in local initiatives to effect policy changes and to learn from each other’s experiences. GDC has action centers in Brazil, Colombia, Ghana, Mexico, South Africa, and a Coordinating Team in the United States.