City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- SW - Scattered Site (LI) Social Worker
- Analyst (Community Coordinator)
- RESEARCH SCIENTIST // City Research Scientist II
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
New Development Coordinator
SEIU Local 32BJ
Help workers gain better working and living conditions by fighting for standards in new developments. Make a difference.
The Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ is looking for a seasoned, activist coordinator who has experience in land use, labor research, community organizing or political work to support the union's program of bringing standards to new developments being built in New York City. As a new administration is coming into place, it's time to rethink how the city does economic development. It is now all the more important to ensure that all development is done responsibly and with the maximum benefit to our communities and for all New Yorkers across the City. The New Development Coordinator will drive the union's program around development in New York City with a goal of expanding this program throughout the East Coast. Work includes:
Coordinating the research, political, field and other campaign pieces around new development projects
Working with elected union officials to move a program around major developers
Organizing, in coordination with the field and political departments, a program that engages 32BJ members around new development projects
Tracking real estate trends and industry players to create a forward looking approach to new development in New York City
• Strong commitment to progressive social change and activist experience
• Enthusiastic commitment to strengthening the labor movement
• Understanding of land use process in New York City
• Excellent political and internal organizational skills
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment
• Project management experience
• Experience in leading strategic campaigns
• Ability to lead a large team and balance multiple priorities within a multi-layered structure
• A minimum of five to seven years of relevant work experience
Competitive salary and excellent benefits as well as opportunities for advancement.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Local 32BJ is an equal opportunity employer.
How TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org