City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Catholic Charities - Brooklyn & Queens
Our Early Childhood Service has a Full-Time Teacher's vacancy in their Parkside ELCC program located in Brooklyn.
Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Inc. ("CCNS") is a not-for-profit corporation established in 1947. We are a multi service social service agency with approximately 150 programs and services in Brooklyn and Queens. Among the programs operated by CCNS are day care and head start centers, mental health programs, senior centers, AIDS scattered site housing, prevention programs, residences for the developmentally disabled and a homelessness prevention program.
Teacher will supervise the teaching team in planning and executing age and developmentally appropriate activities reflecting the Montessori curriculum. The candidate will be responsible to supervise the implementation of activities that will promote social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative development of children. Teacher will elicit input from assistant teacher and teacher aide to complete written observations, progress reports, outcomes reporting, CROWD and other documents relevant to the tracking of children’s progress. The candidate will assist Program Manager to facilitate parent involvement in all aspects of the program and promote positive growth and professional development. The candidate will adhere to policies and procedures established by CCNS, ACS, DOH, DOE, and CACFP and comply with procedural norms and standards of attendance, punctuality, and confidentiality relevant to HIPPA.
• MA/MS in Early Childhood Education & NYS Initial/Professional Certificate - Birth-2 preferred.
• Minimum 60 credits including 24 credits in education - Study Plan Teacher I – AA Degree in Early Childhood Education.
• 2 years of teaching experience in a pre-school classroom environment preferred.
• 300 hours supervised student teaching (one half with children under 6 years) or 1 year paid teaching experience with children under 6 years required.
• If not already Montessori trained, must commit to enroll in the Agency’s Montessori training program within the first year of hire.
• Computer skills are essential.
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, stooping, kneeling crawling, crouching.
How TO APPLY:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Resume with Cover Letter should be emailed to Kate Mikaberidze, HR Recruitment Coordinator, at ECS.Resume@CCBQ.ORG or Fax: 718-722 6189 with Teacher – Parkside ELCC Start in Subject Line.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package including pension and health insurance, along with generous paid vacation and personal days.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.ccbq.org. EEO/AA