City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Substitute Assistant Teachers
Catholic Charities Brooklyn & Queens
Our Early Childhood Service has vacancies in Early Learn Child Care programs located in Brooklyn for:
Substitute Assistant Teachers Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Inc. ("CCNS") is a not-for-profit corporation established in 1947. We are a multi service social service agency with approximately 150 programs and services in Brooklyn and Queens. Among the programs operated by CCNS are day care and head start centers, mental health programs, senior centers, AIDS scattered site housing, prevention programs, residences for the developmentally disabled and a homelessness prevention program.
The Substitute Assistant Teacher will assist the Teacher to plan and execute age and developmentally appropriate activities reflecting the Montessori curriculum. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assist the Teacher to maintain the written documentation/reports in order to meet compliance standards of CCNS, ACS, DOH, CACFP, and other overseeing agencies relevant to NYFD; help to facilitate parent involvement in all aspects of the program and promote positive growth and professional development. The candidate will adhere to policies and procedures established by CCNS, ACS, DOH, DOE, and CACFP and comply with procedural norms and standards of attendance, punctuality, and confidentiality relevant to HIPPA.
• BA or BS degree in Education or 60 credits including 24 credits in Education preferred.
• Minimum of a High School Diploma required.
• 2 years teaching experience in a pre-school classroom preferred.
• Montessori trained or must commit to enroll in the Agency’s Montessori training program within the first year of hire and complete the training as required.
• Excellent oral & written communication in English,
• Ability to use teach and play equipment.
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, and crouching.
How TO APPLY:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Resume should be e-mailed to Kate Mikaberidze, HR Recruitment Coordinator, at ECS.Resume@CCBQ.ORG or Fax: (718) 722 6189 with Substitute Assistant Teacher
We offer a competitive salary. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org. EEO/AA