City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- COORDINATOR - JOB PLACEMENT PROGRAM
- RFP for Expert GIS Technology Consultant
- Communications - Copywriter / Graphic Designer
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
CIVITAS Citizens Inc.
CIVITAS is seeking an Executive Director to work on improving quality of life in its neighborhoods. CIVITAS is an Upper East Side and East Harlem community-based planning non-profit organization that since 1981 has worked to improve the urban environment, advocating for better land use, zoning and urban transportation, clean air and water, and public access to the waterfront. CIVITAS commissions urban planning studies, speaks out at public hearings, issues reports and keeps its members informed on current issues impacting on urban life.
1) Substantive planning, management of projects and initiating new ideas
• Oversee and implement the organizational mission and provide focus for future initiatives
• Develop position statements on key issues
2) Coordination with board of directors, staff, and volunteers
• Interface with full Board of directors and with the executive committee
• Supervisor of all staff and volunteers
3) Outreach to groups, individuals, media and elected officials outside of the CIVITAS network
• Outreach to recruit new volunteers, contributors and allies for organization
• As spokesperson, represent the organization at key public meetings and events
• As the organization’s press officer, outreach to media
• Outreach to elected and public officials
4) Fundraising and financial management
• In development, oversee fundraising operations and goal setting (Includes the organization’s annual membership drive and benefit event)
• Oversee accounting and financial matters
• Present financial standing to the board of directors
Requirements for the position include:
• A graduate degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Historic Preservation or a related field
• Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, research, and organizational skills
• An active ability and ambition to reach out to, and work with, Upper East Side and East Harlem civic organizations, public officials, CIVITAS members, volunteers, interns and the media
• Knowledge of, and experience in, fund raising and board management
• Ability to interact with the board of directors and its executive committee
• Capacity to identify and pursue new opportunities for CIVITAS
How TO APPLY:
If you would like to be considered for the position of Executive Director, please email your resume and a brief cover letter containing your thoughts about why you are interested in this position, and what you can bring to the table to CIVITASSearchCommittee@gmail.com. No phone calls please.
. CIVITAS is an Upper East Side and East Harlem community-based planning non-profit organization that since 1981 has worked to improve the urban environment, advocating for better land use, zoning and urban transportation, clean air and water, and public access to the waterfront. CIVITAS commissions urban planning studies, speaks out at public hearings, issues reports and keeps its members informed on current issues impacting on urban life. Please visit www.civitanyc.org for more information.