City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Tenant Support Coordinator
New Destiny Housing Corporation
New Destiny Housing Corporation is a citywide not- for-profit with the mission of providing housing and services to low-income domestic violence survivors and others at risk of homelessness. New Destiny owns and manages housing that serves domestic violence survivors and other low-income families. It also operates Housing link, a training and counseling program on housing tailored to the needs of domestic violence survivors, and maintains a housing helpline and housing website for domestic violence survivors and their advocates.
New Destiny is seeking a full-time Tenant Support Coordinator who will work with a part-time Recreation Specialist to provide on-site services at a new affordable rental project in Brooklyn, which will house very low-income and low-income families half of which will be headed by domestic violence survivors leaving homeless shelters. The Tenant Support Coordinator will develop a Family Services Program for the project designed to promote tenant stability and encourage self- sufficiency.
The qualified candidate will report directly to the Housing Services Director and will be responsible for the following activities: (1) Tenant Engagement
• Encourage participation in tenants association
• Identify and nurture potential tenant leaders
• Plan and implement, with input from tenants, educational workshops
• Coordinate building-wide events
• Encourage linkages between tenants and community organizations (e.g., police precinct councils, block associations, and community boards)
• Work collaboratively with volunteers to develop children and youth programming as well as activities for adults and families
(2) Case Management and Counseling Services
• Assist tenants with public assistance, housing and other benefits
• Provide counseling to tenants as appropriate on issues such as domestic violence and safety planning
• Develop and monitor individual plans with tenants around vocational, personal, family, and other goals
• Work collaboratively with the Property Manager to outreach to tenants who are in arrears or at risk of being placed in legal
(3) Tenant Referrals
• Develop linkages with appropriate medical and mental health providers; job training and placement programs; educational and recreation programs
• Refer tenants where appropriate to outside service and training providers
Qualifications: B.A. degree and minimum of 3-5 years work experience in social work, community organizing, and/or affordable or supportive housing. Knowledge of housing subsides is a prerequisite. Experience working with domestic violence survivors is highly desirable. . Other requirements include strong communication skills, computer literacy a strong commitment to serving clients, sound judgment and ability to think on feet and work independently.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Candidates with knowledge of the Brooklyn are highly desirable.
How TO APPLY:
Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at firstname.lastname@example.org.