City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Community Board 8-Manhattan
Manhattan Community Board 8 is a small city agency, representing the Upper East Side and Roosevelt Island. The Board plays an advisory role on a wide range of issues affecting this district. The Community Board office plays a support role for the all-volunteer Board and assists local residents, businesses and institutions with municipal service delivery complaints. We are currently seeking a full-time Community Assistant to work in the Community Board 8 Upper East Side office beginning on or about May 1, 2014.
• Responding to and resolving constituent service requests, working with government agencies, offices of elected officials, community organizations, residents & businesses
• Representing CB 8 at meetings, conducting community outreach, promoting government services, organizing events, providing summaries of key issues and recommendations
• Working on projects that advance district service and quality of life goals, providing status reports and trend analysis
• Providing administrative support for Board members and the Board
• Attending monthly Land Use and Full Board meetings
• Other duties assigned by District Manager
• College graduate: BA or BS degree
• Experience or demonstrated interest in government, public policy, and urban affairs
• Experience in research and / or community development
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent computer and web skills
• Experience with social media and collaboration tools
• Excellent organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Experience in working with community groups or small teams
The ideal candidate should enjoy interacting with people on a daily basis, be able to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment, like being part of a team, communicate clearly and effectively, and be passionate about public service and helping others.
How TO APPLY:
Resumes and cover letters are accepted by fax or email. Only applicants scheduled for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Mail Address: Manhattan Community Board 8 505 Park Avenue, Ste. 620 New York, NY 10022 Fax number: 212-758-4616 Email address: email@example.com
- AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -