City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
PT BWK Site Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity - NYC
The Brush with Kindness program is an expansion of Habitat NYC's mission of transforming lives in New York City. Our projects improve and revitalize spaces that provide community services such as centers that provide after school programs and senior programs and other services that serve the community as a whole. We beautify these spaces by painting, creating designs and murals as well as some minor construction. Habitat for Humanity-NYC seeks a highly motivated individual with artistic interests to assist in strengthening and diversifying its Brush with Kindness program while continuing to grow the program. The Site Supervisor is responsible for BWK implementation and logistics. The Site Supervisor also oversees the Site Leaders who lead volunteers on Brush with Kindness and as needed on construction projects. This is a part time position including weekend work, Saturdays and some Sundays. The Site Supervisor will likely spend an average of two days per week (16 hour work week with 8 hours days) on site ensuring the implementation of Brush with Kindness, compliance of all regulations for AmeriCorps and Habitat for Humanity and improving customer service while protecting the organizations brand. Please note, some projects may occur in Staten Island and be related to Post Sandy rebuilding.
• Work with the BWK Coordinator, determine scope of work and materials needed to implement and successfully complete approximately 40 Brush with Kindness weeks per year.
• Help in implementing designs and murals for various projects.
• Supervise the AmeriCorps and Site Leaders to ensure projects and scope of work is completed. o Maintain the quality of the Habitat-NYC volunteer experience by providing orientation, leading volunteers when necessary and providing training on the BWK site to ensure that all work is completed to HFH standards.
• Monitor BWK sites for safety compliance and ensure safety protocols and procedures are followed.
• Maintain ongoing tracking and filing systems for documenting all pertinent information related to BWK projects including site paperwork, assessments and volunteer sign-in sheets.
• Pick-up and order supplies as needed from Lowes in addition to inventory of supplies in the van and warehouse.
• Drive to and from sites with the HFH van to drop off and pick up supplies and ensure compliance with all HFH rules and New York City laws.
• Assist members of the Volunteer Department with various other tasks to ensure Habitat-NYC continues to offer a top quality volunteer experience for all projects, such as capturing volunteer data and contact information.
• Assist with mural design, sketching (if possible) and site planning to ensure quality work is achieved and sites are happy with end product.
• Collect program evaluations from sites to make sure contacts are happy with the painting and program as a whole.
• Arrive on site by 8:00am-4:00pm on weekdays and 8:30am-4:30pm on Weekends. o Ensure the sites are cleaned up and closed out the last day of the project by AmeriCorps or site staff and that all tools and material are loaded into the van and taken back to the warehouse, not to be left at the site over the weekend.
• BA degree and/or 2-5 years of relevant experience in the non-profit/design/construction sector.,
• Excellent project management leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work independently.,
• Interest in community development/community service.
How TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to write "PT BWK Site Supervisor" in the subject line of the e-mail.