City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
American Foundation for the Blind
The American Foundation for the Blind is seeking a full-time Stewardship Coordinator to join its offices in New York, NY.
This position reports to the Vice President, Resource Development. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player and possess the following attributes: motivated, proactive, independent, problem solver, with perseverance, and excellent written and verbal communications. The successful candidate will manage donation processing, donor database system and assist in donor outreach at American Foundation for the Blind (AFB).
1. Coordinate and oversee gift intake process: coordinate details of opening, cashiering and processing all gifts including direct mail, memorial and commemorative (including writing and sending acknowledgements), matching gifts (including creating and processing all forms associated with the matching gift process, special coding and follow-up),corporate and foundation, online and events.Scan/Copy/Process all gift coding forms.
2. Liaise with the finance department regarding gift processing: includes deposit slips, report generating, weekly reconciliations and monthly reviews.
3. Exercise a high level of ROI competency. Ensure accurate daily gift entries by cashiering firm; coordinate communication between AFB, database manager, cashiering firm, and other vendors addressing gift entry process issued. Learn new computer applications, as required. Train and oversee select staff to assist in gift entry process, if and as needed.
4. Maintain donor database for all AFB offices including gift entries and all data and tracking reports. Create and update prospect/donor records, drafting data points and notes, integrating electronic and paper files Assist with researching prospects, donors, honorees, etc.
5. Generate database reports to support all Resource Development donor activity; Utilize ROI to capture data, track moves management and provide statistic reporting to VP. Assist Vice President in approving monthly income reports for all fund-raising functions.
6. Generate lists and coordinate and implement mailings to targeted constituents, in support of institutional and major donor officers. This may include the AFB Leadership Conference, Helen Keller Achievement Awards and other local market fundraising event support.
7. Draft and coordinate materials for development cultivation, which may include proposals, direct mail, web copy, e-news, and e-appeals. Edit and proofread fundraising collateral materials, working with RD and Communications/Web teams, as needed.
8. Provide administrative support to Vice President as needed. Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
College diploma or equivalent work experience. Proficiency in database management, data entry, and fundraising software. Two years of experience in fundraising communication, and ideally knowledge of direct mail and online giving. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, including editing and proofreading. Must be highly organized, with close attention to detail and a strong ability to prioritize. Ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a fast paced environment. Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Salary Range (annual): $ 49,853 - $62,316
AFB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. AFB DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST EMPLOYEES WITH DISABILITIES AND WE INVITE PROTECTED VETERANS TO APPLY.
How TO APPLY:
Interested parties, please email a Cover Letter, Resume, Salary Requirements and sample of a written fundraising communication to Human Resources at email@example.com
Mission: The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) removes barriers, creates solutions, and expands possibilities so people with vision loss can achieve their full potential. AFB helps the 25 million Americans living with vision loss in every aspect of life—their education, their careers, their families, the technologies they use, and the laws that shape their environment. In contrast, in many parts of the world, untold millions of children and adults with disabilities are denied education, opportunities to work, and other basic rights merely because they are blind or visually impaired or have other disabilities.