City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Community Outreach and Education Coordinator
- Senior Project Manager for Brownfield Development
- Facility Director
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Community Liaison/ Scheduler
New York State Assembly
The community liaison is responsible for working to resolve constituent and community issues, attending community meetings and for maintaining the Assemblymember's schedule.
The Community Liaison is responsible for the following:
• Addressing and resolving constituent problems, interacting with government agencies, organizations and elective offices.
• Attending community meetings, including community boards and block associations to speak on behalf of the Assemblymember.
• Preparing and presenting testimony on behalf of the Assemblymember at governmental hearings.
• Drafting letters on behalf of constituents, reports and other correspondence as needed.
• Identifying community issues.
• Maintaining the Assemblymember’s calendar and coordinating scheduling along with another community liaison.
• Maintaining a comprehensive database of constituent cases.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with community leaders, constituents, agency officials and elected official staffers.
• A college degree is required. Experience in a state, local or federal government office or campaign setting is preferred, but not required.
• The position is writing intensive; the successful candidate will be an exceptional writer, able to write with precision and accuracy under tight deadlines.
• The successful candidate will possess the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
• S/he will have strong interpersonal skills: the ability to speak before large groups and interact with constituents, government agencies and elected official offices with sensitivity.
• The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, able to set and meet internal and external deadlines and work in a fast-paced government office.
• S/he must be willing to work long hours and some weekends.
• The position in located in New York City; very minimal travel is required.
How TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to NYSACLS@gmail.com. Please indicate “Community Liaison” in the subject line.
THE NEW YORK STATE ASSEMBLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.