City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Executive Director
- Mental Health Clinician & Informatics Specialist
- Legislative/Policy Director (Full Time Position)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Global Action Project
The Position Global Action Project seeks a dedicated, passionate and strategic leader to serve as our Development Director. The Development Director will grow and guide G.A.P. in its evolution as a viable and sustainable organization, through the effective development of diversified funding streams. The Development Director will work with the Board of Directors, Co-Directors and other stakeholders to: cultivate and solicit individual, government, corporate, and foundation donors; and to design and implement earned income strategies.
Salary is competitive and based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical, holiday/vacation.
G.A.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workplace; LGBTGNC, women, people of color & other under-represented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Development Director will work closely with the Co-Directors and the Development/Fundraising Committee of the Board to:
- Lead long-term development and financial planning
- Manage the creation and implementation of annual fundraising plans
- Build and manage an ambitious calendar of solicitations to individual, foundation, corporate and government funding sources.
- Develop strategic and innovative proposals and strategies for building relationships with institutional funders
- Oversee all proposals and reporting to existing funders
- Cultivate and build our individual donor base through consistent, strategic outreach and engagement
- Initiate and manage fundraising and donor cultivation events
- Recommend and implement earned income strategies
- Co-lead the Board of Director’s Development/fundraising committee and support Board members’ fundraising activities
- Develop and implement communications strategies to raise the organization’s profile
- Administration of fundraising and finances, including: managing donor databases; maintaining clear and accessible tracking systems; tracking revenue and revenue projections
We are looking for candidates who are creative, flexible and disciplined fundraisers with a minimum of 4 years of development experience and a proven track record of meeting ambitious fundraising goals with diverse revenue streams. In addition to demonstrated success in each other the areas of responsibility listed above, we are seeking candidates with:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through multi-streamed fund development planning that engages the organization across stakeholders
- Capacity to articulate G.A.P.’s mission, vision, values and program to various audiences
- New media skills and experience with multiple media platforms
- Knowledge of local, regional and national funding landscape for organizations doing youth development, youth media, arts education, social justice, LGBTQ, and/or immigration work
- Demonstrated commitment to youth development, the arts and social change work - Program evaluation experience is a plus
How TO APPLY:
G.A.P. is most interested in finding the ideal person to contribute to its future. The position is open until filled. However, priority will be given to resumés received before May 1, 2014.
Please email resumé, 3 references and cover letter to: ATTN: Development Director Hiring Committee
E-mail to: media [at] global-action [dot] org
Mail to: Global Action Project, 130 W 25th St. 2C, New York, NY 10001
Fax to: 212.594.9574
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
GAP will only reply to resumés that it intends to interview
About Global Action Project Global Action Project, Inc. is an award-winning youth-media organization located in New York City. Global Action Project's mission is to work with young people most affected by injustice to build the knowledge, tools, and relationships needed to create media for community power, cultural expression, and political change. Founded in 1991, Global Action Project has brought young people (in NYC and nationally) together to produce media, creating over 150 videos that address critical social issues. Learn more about our at www.global-action.org