City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
A leading Brooklyn, New York based non-profit developer is seeking to hire a skilled and experienced financial professional to become its next Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will plan, organize, and direct the overall financial activities of the organization. He or she plays a crucial role in organizational decision-making and provides a balanced picture to the CEO and Board of Directors as to the organization's finances. Reporting to the CEO, the CFO also works with the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and supervises the work of the Assistant to the CFO. The organization's management team is small and the successful CFO must contribute to the hands-on, day-to-day operations of the organization.
This senior position requires someone who is a bright, energetic manager, an effective problem solver, and a go getter. The successful candidate must have a solid understanding of accounting and fiscal operations, preferably in the nonprofit sector. In addition he or she will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, a hands-on management style and the ability to address and solve problems or issues as they arise. It is critical that he or she fit in well with the small dedicated team so he or she is of the highest integrity, and possess sound judgment as well as a sense of humor.
• Manages all financial planning, budgeting, operations and reporting
• Prepares the annual budget with the CEO
• Prepares reports for internal use and Board and funder review including short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance, cash flow models
• Analyze project and program expenses and revenues
• Directs the annual audit and oversees regulatory filings
• Develops, implements and maintains accounting policies and procedures
• Maintains relationships with bank officials and auditors
• Manages accounting systems, and human resource functions
• Maintains controls over receipts, deposits and disbursements of funds
• Monitors financial contract compliance
• Monitors investment and bank activities
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
• Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and grant budgeting and reporting
• 7 to 10 years of applicable experience
• Proficiency with financial management systems
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to individuals at all professional levels and to finance and non-finance positions
• Exceptional organization skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail
• Integrity, sensitivity and discretion in dealing with confidential financial and personnel information
• Proven ability as an effective leader, with strong conflict management and collaboration skills
• Experience providing staff supervision
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a small dynamic organization
• Willingness to pitch in, roll up sleeves and assist co-workers in areas outside of the normal scope of day to day work
• Proficiency in Yardi
• Experience in a non-profit organization
• Previous real estate experience
• Experience working with New Markets and Historic Tax Credits
How TO APPLY:
Please remit your resume and a cover letter outlining your compatibility with the CFO position and your salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org