City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Case Management Supervisor
Lantern Community Services ("LCS") is the social service affiliate of Lantern Organization, a not- for-profit housing developer and service provider, established in 1997 to strengthen New York City communities by providing affordable housing and opportunities for personal development. LCS provides services to residents living in more than 1000 units of permanent affordable and supportive housing for low-income families and individuals living with special needs including mental illness, HIV/AIDS, as well as young adults aging out of foster care.
Organizational Role: The Case Management Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of the case management team. The Case Management Supervisor also provides specialty group and individual counseling as assigned.
We are seeking a dynamic, engaging, case manager supervisor who has experience working with chronically homeless, mentally ill, single adults (between the ages of 25 and 65) population in a supportive housing environment. This case management supervisor will be working at our Lindenguild Hall Building located in the Bronx. The ideal candidate will have solid clinical knowledge, supervisory experience as well as experience working with the chronically homeless population that has been impacted by mental illness, substance abuse, legal and medical issues. Additionally, the Case Manager Supervisor will be passionate about working with single adults; is a proactive and creative problem solver; and works well as a leader in assisting in growth of the social service staff onsite. The Case Manager Supervisor works closely with the program director and the interdisciplinary team to build and maintain a safe program culture that emphasizes respect for all community members and ensures all clients progress forward in their goals. The Case Management Supervisor reports to the Program Director. This position is exempt.
• Provide clinical supervision to the Case Management staff
• Collaborate with other staff, providers and care-givers to coordinate high quality services for each resident based on data-driven outcomes and evidence-based practices
• Review and sign-off on documentation completed by the case management team, and monitor the appropriateness of the standards of care
• Conduct internal chart reviews with an ability to assess the quality of the notes and linking the notes to services being provided to the residents
• Participate in assessment interviews with prospective residents of the housing program and assess residents’ ability to reside safely at Lindenguild Hall
• Link residents to services provided by other community based organizations
• Enter progress notes into electronic case record following all meetings and collaborations concerning residents
• Assist in financial planning and budgeting to ensure that residents are able to meet their financial needs and do meet their rental obligations
• Help develop appropriate group programming for clients to be provided by the case management team, and cConduct group and individual counseling sessions
• Complete required monthly reports as assigned by Program Director
• Assist the Program Director with hiring and training of new staff
• Actively participate in staff meetings, clinical treatment meetings, community meetings with residents, and trainings
• Ensure all staff attend trainings to address clinical and programmatic needs and have the appropriate training, and identify trainings as needed
• Provide crisis intervention as necessary
• Perform other job-related functions, as assigned
• Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred/ or mental health degree such as Counseling or Psychology.
• LMSW, LMHC or LCSW preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of experience providing direct service to one or more of the following populations: persons living with AIDS /HIV, formerly homeless and chronically homeless persons and families, young adults aged out of foster care, persons with mental illness, or persons in recovery from addiction.
Location & Work Schedule
This is a full time position, with a Tuesday through Saturday work schedule at a program site located in the Bronx.
Note: Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for LCS to perform a criminal background check.
Notice: Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
LMSW, LMHC or LCSW preferred
How TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.