City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Lantern Community Services ("LCS") is the social service affiliate of Lantern Organization, a not- for-profit housing developer and service provider, established in 1997 to strengthen New York City communities by providing affordable housing and opportunities for personal development. LCS provides services to residents living in more than 1000 units of permanent affordable and supportive housing for low-income families and individuals living with special needs including mental illness, HIV/AIDS, as well as young adults aging out of foster care.
Location: Manhattan (10035) Bronx
Job Description: The Social Worker (SW) is responsible for working with tenants towards comprehensive physical and emotional health and independence by incorporating client centered service planning and provision. The SW integrates clinical counseling and case management services that emphasize recovery and wellness, personal growth, housing stability, and fosters independence. This position will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team in supportive housing serving Young Adults aging out of foster care, formally homeless, low-income and with mental illness. The SW reports to the Program Director. This position is exempt.
• Provide integrated counseling and case management services that effectively engage tenants and promote personal growth and wellness, housing stability and accomplishment of Service Plan Goals on an ongoing basis.
• Meet with tenants for an initial assessment and goal planning.
• Collaborate with tenants to assess strengths and challenges and develop a Service Plan that reflect the tenant’s progress and stated goals.
• Effectively engage and work with a diverse caseload including young adults with histories of trauma, foster care, homelessness and mental health issues.
• Build partnerships and linkages with progressive and/or alternative community agencies that serve the needs of tenants.
• Work as a collaborative member of the team ensuring all tenants have access to high quality services in a safe and compassionate community.
• Participate in and facilitate weekly Clinical Case Conferences including intake meetings.
• Develop and implement programming that address larger community trends and needs.
• Create and maintain confidential records, charts and logs for each resident documenting all relevant information from individual and group interventions as well as correspondence with collateral services.
• Participate in staff team meetings and trainings, individual supervision meetings, community meetings with residents and attend offsite trainings and present training material to program team.
• Work closely with Leasing and Compliance team to ensure housing stability.
• Perform other job-related functions, as assigned
• LMSW required; candidates in the process of preparing for the exam are welcome to apply
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing direct service to one or more of the following populations: young adults, foster care, formerly homeless, persons with mental illness
• Strong history of effective engagement with clients and ability to highlight positive outcomes.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment, multi-task and effectively handle serious and crisis oriented situations.
• Dedication to positive outcomes through proactive, creative and respectful work with diverse and vulnerable populations.
• Ability to work flexible hours periodically due to program and/or client needs.
• Must possess strong clinical and excellent interpersonal skills; be able to work effectively as part of a team and have the ability to make sound assessments of tenants’ strengths and needs.
Note: Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for LCS to perform a criminal background check.
How TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com