City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
- Policy Associate for Early Childhood Education and Education
- Policy Associate for Research and Data
- Coalition Coordinator
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Quality Improvement Director
Service Employees International Union
Quality Improvement Director - Committee of Interns and Residents (New York)
CIR/SEIU Healthcare - Committee of Interns and Residents
Quality Improvement Director (New York area)
New York, New York
The Quality Improvement Director is responsible for developing and overseeing CIR's national quality improvement and patient safety (QI/PS) program that aligns CIR members and their teaching hospital employers behind the goal of providing safe, effective and efficient patient care. The QI Director designs and implements educational programs to enhance members' knowledge of and engagement with QI/PS and quality partnership projects in collaboration with hospital employers. The QI Director establishes relationships within the QI/PS health policy and provider communities to learn best practices and publicize CIR members' QI/PS work.
What you gain from a position with CIR:
• Hands-on experience developing and implementing a national quality improvement and patient safety program for physicians-in-training with the goal of providing safer, more effective and efficient patient care.
• Opportunity to work directly with physician members and hospital employers to develop educational programs and quality improvement projects.
• Opportunity to embed quality improvement/patient safety into all aspects of the union, e.g. new organizing and training CIR staff on QI/PS.
• Opportunity to supervise employees with responsibility for training and development.
• Competitive salary
• Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, car allowance, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
• Minimum BA/BS; MD, MPH, MHA, MSW, preferred
• Prior experience in clinical medicine, hospital operations or public health
• Experience with QI systems change, e.g. work flow mapping, rapid improvement cycle
• Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks and think critically
• Familiarity with statistics, quantitative research
• Ability to work long hours and to travel
CIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How TO APPLY: