City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- SW - Scattered Site (LI) Social Worker
- Analyst (Community Coordinator)
- RESEARCH SCIENTIST // City Research Scientist II
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Kolot Chayeinu/Voices of Our Lives
Posted: April 30, 2014
Full-time, exempt position
Senior leadership position that reports to the Board of Directors
Salary $60,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience
Health benefits and vacation
Position open immediately
Kolot seeks an Executive Director (ED) with experience managing operations; managing and supervising staff and volunteers; developing a performance culture; scaling an organization; and providing vision and leadership in collaboration with a team of talented, dedicated individuals, many of whom are volunteers. The ED must be a leader who effectively, efficiently and consistently manages the day-to-day operations and administrative side of the congregation and helps others deliver measurable, cost-effective results that sustain the congregation's programs and make the congregation's vision a reality. The successful ED candidate will have the experience, skills, sensitivity, personal confidence, and disposition to perform this work successfully and tap into the power that each member of Kolot's team brings in service of our mission.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED will lead and manage all secular operations of the congregation and will have the following responsibilities:
Serve as leader of the congregation’s secular and administrative operations:
o Supervise Kolot’s administrative staff, facility staff, consultants and volunteers; manage all space and facilities needs.
o Liaise with the clergy about all aspects of the congregation’s operations and with the Director of Youth Education to provide support for the Children’s Learning Program.
o Oversee the management of congregational membership records, data and related analyses
o Work with the Board of Directors to manage Kolot’s overall budget and finances.
Serve as liaison to the Board, its core committees/teams, and select core committees/teams of the congregation:
o Develop and implement controls, systems, and procedures for effective operations and timely monitoring and reporting required to enable the Board to measure and evaluate progress against goals for the organization.
o Develop and implement systems for reporting and measuring that provide quick access to financial and other information to enable strategic budgeting and planning, including fundraising and membership outreach/connection efforts.
Serve as key member of Kolot’s senior leadership team, participating in the development and implementation of policies, strategy, planning, and operational goals and objectives.
The successful candidate must believe in Kolot Chayeinu’s core values and be driven by its mission. We are seeking a professional that has proven experience managing operations and staff, multiple priorities and deadlines, and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, and diverse team. Flexibility and the availability to work some nights and weekends are also required. Additional qualifications are:
• Prior experience – 3-5 years prior management, executive or operations-level director, project management or related experience required.
• Management and supervision – Excellent management and supervisory capacity; capacity to enforce accountability; ability to develop and empower people to succeed; a strong team leader and coordinator.
• Leadership - A team builder who has experience thinking about and managing the big picture while attending to the details along the way; strength in project management, problem-solving, and creative resourcefulness.
• Results - Proven track record and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions; the ability to balance deliverables against capacity constraints/realities;
• Action oriented - Enjoy working hard, able to act and react as necessary; not afraid to take charge of a situation and make decisions; able to meet challenges head on.
• Operations management – Solid understanding of and experience with core organizational/business needs including work planning, finance/budgeting, HR, information systems, communication, marketing and fundraising.
• Capacity building – Ability to effectively build organizational and staff capacity, developing a top-quality team and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly.
• Communications – Possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills; ability to connect to staff and volunteers.
• Mission alignment – Jewish knowledge, awareness and/or sensibility are required; experience working with Jewish organizations is desired.
• Education – BA/BS preferred; graduate level training a plus.
• Technical proficiencies – Fluency in standard office software and operating systems – Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Office, DropBox, etc. – required; experience with database systems, QuickBooks and other related software platforms strongly preferred.
• Disposition – Collegial, professional, self-starter who needs minimal supervision is required; sense of humor is strongly desired.
The Executive Director will work out of Kolot Chayeinu’s administrative office in Brooklyn; occasional work to support programs/services on Jewish holidays will also be required. Kolot provides a collegial and flexible work environment and the opportunity to work with dedicated, passionate and talented leaders.
How TO APPLY:
Send a letter of interest, CV and 3 professional references to: Kolot Chayeinu Search Committee email@example.com Kolot Chayeinu is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified candidates will be considered. No telephone inquiries.
Kolot Chayeinu/Voices of Our Lives (www.kolotchayeinu.org) is a 21-year-strong, independent Jewish congregation of close to 400 adult members and 300 children, located in Park Slope, Brooklyn. We are creative, serious seekers who pray joyfully, wrestle with tradition, pursue justice, and refuse to be satisfied with the world as it is. As individuals of varying sexual orientations, gender identities, races, family arrangements, and Jewish identities and backgrounds, we share a commitment to the search for meaningful expressions of our Judaism in today’s uncertain world.