City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- COORDINATOR - JOB PLACEMENT PROGRAM
- RFP for Expert GIS Technology Consultant
- Communications - Copywriter / Graphic Designer
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Coalition for Hispanic Family Services
Innovative Community Based Organization Seeks Energetic, Committed, and Highly Experienced Individuals. SPANISH/BILINGUAL (PREFERRED). Exc. Benefits & Salary/EEO
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide mental health clinical services to children and adolescents experiencing severe emotional/behavioral challenges. Provide families with clinical support around how to best cope with the stressors of parenting a child with emotional/behavioral challenges and the associated family stressors.
• The development, implementation, documentation and monitoring to treatment plans, coordinating the activities of related personnel and involved agencies, in the management of that plan;
• To provide individual, group and family psychotherapy in the resolution of the child’s problems;
• To provide appropriate information to clients and collaterals regarding the normal physical, social and psychological development of individuals, challenges to functioning presented by conditions of impairment, disease, social stresses and dysfunction and childhood disorders; and ways of coping and preserving individual functioning and autonomy;
• To provide specific information about health, welfare, education and recreation services available to serve the emotionally disturbed child;
• To arrange for direct provision of special services such as tutoring, recreation, medical and psychiatric examination, public assistance, Medicaid, emergency cash relief, etc.
• As appropriate, to make referrals to, and maintain cooperative relationships with public and voluntary agencies, programs, services and facilities;
• Accurately and in a timely manner complete required case records, reports and statistics.
• Graduate of an Accredited School of Social Work or equivalent Mater’s level degree in counseling, psychology or related field.
• Current New York State Certification in Social Work (active or pending) required.
• Good writing/record keeping skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel to client’s home, school, etc., when necessary to negotiate any steps and barriers to client’s treatment.
• Knowledge of Spanish may be helpful.
• Understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to servicing clients and families.
How TO APPLY:
Submit a resume and cover letter with qualifications to:
Wanda Maldonado Director of Human Resources 315 Wyckoff Avenue, 4th Fl Brooklyn, NY 11237 T: 718-497-9060 ext. 315 F: 718-497-9495 email@example.com
Summary of the Agency: The Coalition for Hispanic Family Services is a multi-service agency serving children and families of North Brooklyn. These include foster care, adoption, youth development, primary health care, mental health, community health education and outreach, in-service internships and after school education.