City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Program Manager, Business Revitalization
- Community Outreach and Education Coordinator
- Senior Project Manager for Brownfield Development
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
MNN Is one of the nation's largest Public Access Television stations serving thousands of Manhattan residents with media facilities and classes that result in the airing of over 13,000 hours of television programming per year. MNN is seeking a Scheduling Coordinator to schedule programming on MNN's cable television channels and media distribution platforms.
Based out of MNN's midtown studios, the Scheduling Coordinator works under the supervision of the Program Director and with the Tape Library and Master Control to ensure that programming is appropriately, accurately and efficiently scheduled for air. MNN's Scheduling Coordinator will also communicate and enforce programming policies and help community producers navigate MNN's programming process so that the community voice can be represented on MNN's television channels.
• Schedule timeslot requests into Access Center 2.0 Database
• Prepare and import daily programming schedule for master control playback
• Assist Program Director in processing and scheduling quarterly series requests
• Upload interstitials, PSAs, promos and digital files to MNN’s play out server as needed.
• Upload media to MNN digital platforms
• Update producer contact information into appropriate data bases
• Prepare and provide weekly program schedules to MNN video service providers
• Assist with MNN Orientations
• Communicate and enforce MNN programming policies
• Act as a point of contact for community interested in airing programming on MNN
• Respond to phone and email inquiries and assist with program applications
• Ensure compliance with and implementation of MNN policies, rules and regulations
• Other duties as may be assigned
• Bachelors degree or equivalent in media, video, communications or equivalent experience
• Minimum two years experience with television production and playback systems
• Knowledge of Mac, Windows and Excel
• Excellent Customer service skills and conflict resolution knowledge
• Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
Other Job Requirements
• Strong interest in community media
• Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public
• Position requires some evening hours
Compensation Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
How TO APPLY:
Application deadline is May 14, 2014. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address the following question: How do you think your skills can benefit a community media organization? We will only consider complete applications.
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is dedicated to the exercise of First Amendment rights through moving image media and creates opportunities for communication, education, artistic expression and other non-commercial uses of video facilities. Founded in 1992, MNN administers four Public Access channels on the RCN, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS cable systems reaching 620,000 Manhattan cable subscribers, streams programs on the Internet reaching global audiences, and offers training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become certified producers for MNN.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.