City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Director of Housing Development
The Director of Housing Development provides hands on direction in the development of multi-family supportive housing for special needs populations and low-income individuals; conduct facilities and space planning, including identifying new development opportunities; project feasibility assessment, and coordinate development team members and consultants. This position is responsible for the planning and oversight of community/neighborhood revitalization initiatives related to Comunilife's housing projects and works to achieve local and agency-wide goals. This position reports to the Vice President for Real Estate and Asset Management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Develop business plans and budgets in line with agency housing needs and strategic plans.
• Oversee the identification and review of sites for potential housing development, commercial development, community revitalization and/or program initiatives.
• Represent the organization in negotiations for purchase of the property and financing terms.
• Perform financial analysis to determine financing strategy for potential projects.
• Manage project development activities for supportive and low-income housing.
• Ensure that local and municipal approvals as well as neighborhood acceptance of proposed housing development projects occur, including submitting land use applications, attending hearings and community meetings.
• Submit applications for funding development and negotiate financing terms. Identify funding resources and prepare applications, proposals, grant requests and loan packages to obtain financing from public and private sources for low income housing and supportive housing for special needs populations. Help coordinate loan closings and provide due diligence materials to lenders and investors.
• Work with other organizations within the housing development, human services and business development communities to create opportunities and support for low-income and special needs housing development.
• Supervise the Housing Development Project Managers.
• Monitor projects over their useful life.
• Represent the agency in matters related to housing development and other development projects of the organization.
• Establish housing and development production goals.
• Meet regularly with the CFAO and provide weekly reports to Executive Management Team.
• Maintain all files related to housing development, including architectural plans.
• Select and oversee professional service consultants (architects, engineers, owner’s rep etc…); manage architectural design activities, pre-construction and construction.
• Prepare and review all materials for housing development financial closings and attend same.
• Maintain positive relationships with all government and non-government funding sources.
• Assist in preparing service proposals related to Comunilife housing.
• Assist and participate in Year 15 re-structures.
• Assist in planning and carrying out limited or substantial rehabilitation of existing agency owned rental housing projects.
• Maintain a database of public and privately owned sites and buildings available for development.
• Collaborate effectively on housing-related business with other staff and contractors, such as 3rd party property management and other staff involved in housing.
• Leverage relationships with contractors, vendors and investors for the benefit of Comunilife.
• Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS Education and Experience Requirement(s):
• Minimum of five years work experience in residential new construction or rehab, construction management, or related field, economic or urban development.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field. Master’s preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• Project management and administrative experience a plus.
• Proven track record of developing partnerships with private and public sector financial institutions.
• Experience in the development of supportive housing for special needs and low-income populations.
• Specific knowledge of tax credits, OMH, HRA, Section 8, HUD, HPD underwriting and bond issuance.
• Possess initiative and the ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated successful experience with supportive, multi-family housing debt and equity sources.
• Office setting with field work.
How TO APPLY:
To apply please visit our website at http://comunilife.iapplicants.com