City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- SW - Scattered Site (LI) Social Worker
- Analyst (Community Coordinator)
- RESEARCH SCIENTIST // City Research Scientist II
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Facilities Manager / Director
Nonprofit People & Systems
Nonprofit People & Systems is assisting a reputable foundation with their search for a Facilities Manager / Director to oversee a new building acquired in New York City by the nonprofit.
NOTE: Your information is NEVER shared with our client without your permission. 100% CONFIDENTIAL application process guaranteed.
TITLE: Facilities Manager / Director ORG TYPE: Nonprofit Foundation LOCATION: New York, NY SALARY: $75K-$90K and benefits, (If your salary requirements fall above the range, you may still be consider by the organization. Please specify your salary requirements in your application.)
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the management of the maintenance and preventive maintenance efforts, including the physical aspects of the building, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities, and ensuring efforts meet the foundation's operational standards and any applicable laws and regulations.
Oversee building infrastructure and operations to ensure proper operations. This includes the following systems: HVAC, air handlers, boilers, elevators, fire alarm systems, and security systems.
Manage contracts and relationships with facilities related vendors including: cleaning, lighting and general appliances.
Monitor and provide status of various tasks being performed on tenant-operated systems to ensure that facility readiness is always maintained.
Manage all facilities & office supply expenditures - actual to budget.
Oversee ordering of general office supplies.
Assist when necessary in preparing for meetings and special events. This may include events held during normal business hours as well as select evenings and weekends.
Monitor and reduce energy costs through the proper use of the Building Management System (BMS).
Maintain an emergency 24-hour vendor list (plumbing and electrical service).
Manage and oversee security contractors.
Manage and oversee cleaning contractors.
1. Maintain a safe and sound working environment, including up-to-date filings of system certifications and permits with all New York City and New York State agencies. 2. Be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week via cell phone/email; be prepared to respond to emergency facility issues. 3. Develop and maintain snow removal coverage including coverage during off hours. 4. Coordinate and supervise performance, management and scheduling of MEP, elevator, fire alarm and sprinkler maintenance with outside vendors. 5. Develop community relationships with local police, fire and community boards. 6. Participate in capital and operating budget for facilities management. 7. Manage and maintain fire alarm drills as well as all documentation for and compliance with fire egress plans and fire drills. 8. Maintain quality assurance & risk management of facilities, including documentation systems.
Must have a minimum of 5+ years facilities management experience managing modern buildings with the operations of a Building Maintenance System (BMS) preferred.
Must be self-directed and proactive.
Must possess and demonstrate excellent time management skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strong management/supervisory skills.
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays, when required.
How TO APPLY:
By applying, you are only sharing your resume with People & Systems, not the hiring organization. Your information is NEVER shared with our client without your permission. If selected, you will be given full disclosure about the position/organization, allowing you to decide whether or not you wish to proceed. All applications are 100% CONFIDENTIAL.
Receive nonprofit job notifications, news and helpful tips for both employers & job seekers alike by following us on:
__________________________________________________ __________________________ JOB SEEKER SOLUTIONS: An astounding 72% of job seekers that purchased our Resume & Interview Prep Guides find employment in less than 4 months! Enjoy our 30-day no-hassle money-back guarantee! Visit http://www.peopleANDsystems.com>www.peopleANDsystems.com & click on the blue ribbon to learn more.
EMPLOYER SOLUTIONS: To learn how People & Systems can save your nonprofit thousands of dollars in comparison to traditional search firms, visit us at: http://www.peopleANDsystems.com
Expert nonprofit staffing support you CAN afford!