City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
- SW - Scattered Site (LI) Social Worker
- Analyst (Community Coordinator)
- RESEARCH SCIENTIST // City Research Scientist II
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
AFFORDABLE HOUSING COMPLIANCE INTERN
Founded in 1989, Comunilife has grown into one of NYC's best respected community based health and housing service providers. Comunilife supports the needs of more than 3,000 low income and vulnerable New Yorkers. Comunilife is a not-for-profit organization that owns, manages, and develops affordable and supportive housing in The Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens.
Comunilife is seeking an individual with great organization skills who is not afraid to tackle a big project. As an intern you will be given the opportunity to learn about the Affordable Housing Industry and State Regulatory Agency requirements. The intern will assist and support the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Compliance Manager with ensuring compliance requirements are met for all the affordable housing programs.
The ideal candidate will:
• Modify and improve current filing system for multiple locations
• Sort or classify information according to regulatory guidelines
• Duplicate tenant files for Central Office location (heavy photocopying and scanning)
• Creating electronic files
• Add new documents to file records and create new records as necessary
• Perform periodic inspections of files in order to ensure correct placement You will become knowledgeable in Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Project based Section 8 subsidy and the understanding of State Agency regulatory compliance.
Details: Internship is unpaid. Position begins immediately. Hours/Schedule is negotiable
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be able to work independently
• Effective communication skills
• Travel is required within The Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
How TO APPLY:
To apply please visit our website at http://comunilife.iapplicants.com