City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Industrial Development Project Manager
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation
Participate in the management of complex projects to construct new manufacturing plants and rehabilitate existing manufacturing spaces for lease by manufacturers;
Build and maintain detailed financial models and cash flow projections for various development projects;
Prepare site development and project feasibility analyses to inform planning decisions;
Manage the application for and ongoing compliance with multiple financing transactions, including EB-5 loans, New Markets Tax Credits, public subsidies, etc;
• Assist in the preparation of leases for new development projects;
• Assemble and lead development teams of architects, financial consultants, builders, etc in predevelopment activities, construction and lease-up
• Promote the growth of industrial businesses by working closely with prospective tenants to assess operations, capacity to enter into long-term leases, expansion plans and workforce needs including referring businesses to support organizations and City agencies for tax incentives, business services, loan packaging and other one-on-one technical assistance.
Cypress Hiffs Local Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Coordinate with Cypress Hills Employment Solutions program to maximize job opportunities for local residents
• Marketing the new developments to manufacturers through direct business outreach activities
• Draft presentations, financing and subsidy proposals and reports
Masters Degree in Real Estate Development, Real Estate Financing, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Community Development, Business Administration or other relevant field;
• 2-4 years work experience in underwriting, construction management, and/or project management in real estate, finance, and or quantitative economic development or urban policy;
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, experience developing economic models, including real estate cash flow analysis in Microsoft Excel.
Understanding of economic development issues and NYC Government;
• Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills;
• Ability to prioritize competing needs and opportunities.
How TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter to Shai Lauros, Director of Community Development, firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should describe relevant experience and interest in this position.
Salary dependent upon experience. We offer a competitive benefits package.
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC) is a multi-service, nonprofit community development organization and settlement house. We serve 8,000 residents annually, and our programs include career and education programs, college success programs, community development, community organizing, housing counseling, and youth and family services. With community residents leading the way, the mission of CHLDC is to build a strong, sustainable Cypress Hills/East New York, where youth and adults achieve educational and economic success, secure affordable housing and develop leadership skills to transform their lives and community. We seek an Industrial Development Project Manager to develop manufacturing sites in Cypress Hills/East New York and generate new, living wage jobs for community residents as part of an overall strategy to redevelop vacant lots and brownfields and existing under-utilized structures, in our community into productive uses.