City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- After School English Language Arts Specialist
- Policy Associate for Early Childhood Education and Education
- Policy Associate for Research and Data
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Neighborhood Restore HDFC
Neighborhood Restore HDFC and Restored Homes HDFC are two related non-profit housing development organizations working in collaboration with the NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development in developing and preserving affordable housing throughout New York City.
Neighborhood Restore's mission is to develop and ensure the maintenance of safe and affordable housing and to oversee the stabilization, management and rehabilitation planning of distressed tax foreclosed properties. Restored Homes' mission is to prevent and eliminate blight and foster the stabilization of communities by developing and preserving affordable housing.
Restored Homes is working in collaboration with Neighborhood Revitalization NYC to assist homeowners impacted by Superstorm Sandy by addressing the necessary repairs in their homes related to the storm through funding provided by a consortium of private foundations.
• Manage and oversee property management and development activities for a portfolio of sites.
• Review scopes of work created by the Construction Manager and/or Rehab Specialist and present for approval
• Review and compile periodic project reports produced by the Construction Manager and/or Rehab Specialist.
• Monitor construction process and work performed by consultants such as engineers, architects or testing agencies.
• Provide technical assistance with budgeting and construction management.
• Review and submit requisitions to fund contractors
• Maintain organization’s compliance with all programmatic and funding reporting requirements
• Review all programmatic and legal contracts and agreements entered into as related to the Program
• Manage and/or participate in ongoing special projects leading to further development and growth of the program
• Assist in identifying and applying for grant proposals for various programs.
• Master’s degree in planning, real estate finance, business administration or comparable field
• Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in the areas of housing or community development, property management, or planning
• Work experience with the City of New York and familiarity with NYC neighborhoods is preferred
• Strong organizational and communications skills
• Knowledge of MS Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and ArcGIS
• Ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines and use good judgment in satisfying conflicting demands and setting priorities
• Ability to work independently and to perform tasks with limited supervision
• Must have a strong interest in non-profit and government work and a willingness to work as an effective, enthusiastic member of a team towards the organizations’ missions
• Must have a valid driver’s license
How TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Neighborhood Restore / Restored Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer