City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Fedcap Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
Fedcap is an agency that is on the move. Join our innovative agency as it continues to grow. In the last 4 years, the agency has grown over 50% and it continues to grow steadily. This growth comes with the partnering of like-minded agencies, capitalizing on their expertise and resources. We have expanded our programs and partnered with other agencies to create some new ground-breaking programs. As a result of this expansion, we are now in seven states throughout the east coast. Come and join us during this exciting time so that we can grow together.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide daily instructional orientation session to individuals on public assistance
· Proctor and grade both a TABE Locator and TABE test to a minimum of 50 new clients
· Document classroom activity through Case Notes and daily progress reports
· Evaluate new clients to determine Career Services track
· Develop an Employment Plan with each new client
· Assist Workshop Instructors when needed
· Provide information to clients on resources and services available to them
· Maintain Professional Demeanor and treat all clients and staff with respect
· Update and maintain daily attendance rosters
· Provide support to administrative staff as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of and ability to follow Agency policies and procedures;
2. Knowledge of and ability to follow department policies and procedures;
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality;
4. Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills;
5. Ability to be customer oriented with excellent telephone manner;
6. Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing;
7. Ability to produce accurate work and attend to details;
8. Ability to use a calculator, photocopy and fax machines;
9. Knowledge of and ability to use a computer and work in a Windows software environment; using Microsoft word, and HRIS;
10. Ability to be patient and sensitive to individuals with disabilities;
11. Ability to resolve problems within the scope of responsibilities.
· HS/GED required
· Experience with delivering instruction
· Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
· Strong skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
· Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
· Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer
How TO APPLY:
Please apply to the company website at www.fedcap.org. requistion # 121.