City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Special Assistant to the CEO
The Position The Special Assistant will serve in a leadership role as a member of the Phipps Neighborhoods Leadership Team and provide executive-level support to the Executive Director/CEO. This position will directly assist in all management responsibilities, including general operations for Phipps Executive Office. The Special Assistant will set the agenda and manage meetings and serve as the liaison between the Executive Director and direct reports for information sharing and communication purposes.
The Special Assistant will plan and or manage key operational activities, including preparation for key meetings, agenda development, and providing timely advice or key updates on critical projects or issues requiring the Executive Director's attention. Other key responsibilities include managing, facilitating, organizing projects and issues that are prioritized for the Office's consideration and resolved as a team. This position will be responsible for ensuring communication with key stake holders is timely coordinated with effective delivery.
• Directly advise ED in all day-to-day operations, organizational strategy, management initiatives, priorities, and communications.
• Identify opportunities to develop agency- wide systems that will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the agency and manage the implementation of those systems.
• Support planning and preparation for Management meetings, senior staff meetings and board meetings; create agendas and supporting materials
• Facilitate and oversee the administrative functions of the Executive Director’s Office
• Represent the Executive Director on key identified staff matters, and to internal and external constituents.
• Coordinate and oversee management initiatives as directed
• Support the Executive Director and work alongside management team members to ensure that staff successfully execute department and agency- wide goals
• Liaise with state and city agencies as required
• Facilitate the planning and execution of agency-wide initiatives and integration across departments
• Evaluate opportunities to expand external partnerships and funding prospects and assist in the management of those relationships
• Serve as a resource to management team members in moving toward department goals
• In collaboration with the development office, write proposals (including program design and reporting) for public and/or private funding
• Supporting management team in developing and implementing strategic plans for relevant program areas
• Participate in the design and monitoring of assessment tools and outcome measurements
• Other functions, projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
LIAISON TO THE EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT COMMITTEE
• Actively work as a member of the committee as representative from Executive Team.
• Ensure committee remains on task with work plan.
• Assist in coordinating logistics for events/activities created by committee, including: o Site visits o Listening tours o Learning sessions
LIAISON TO THE NEW STAFF ORIENTATION FACILITATION TEAM
• Maintain electronic versions of course material and revise as needed based on facilitators’ feedback.
• Work with Team leader to observe team members and make recommendations for changes to the team.
• Work with HR department to ensure all agency policies and procedures are up-to date.
• Liaise with team to schedule orientation sessions and place orders for sessions (meals, supplies…etc.).
• Commitment to breaking the cycle of poverty and transforming communities
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree Preferred
• Minimum 4+ years of experience managing and coordinating large scale, agency-wide initiatives required and supporting senior executives or similar high profile positions
• Excellent project management and oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational, strategy, business and financial acumen to present issues clearly and concisely.
• Comfortable building relationships, internally and externally.
• Ability to deal well with ambiguity, conflict and difficult situations.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deal with change in a pro-active and positive manner.
• Solid leadership and or managerial experience with the ability to make decisions
• Willingness to participate as part of a team
• Enthusiasm, creativity, initiative, and sense of humor
About Phipps Neighborhoods Phipps Neighborhoods is a multi-service nonprofit providing a comprehensive network of educational, vocational and community development programs for residents of communities across the Bronx and Manhattan. Phipps Neighborhoods serves approximately 8,000 children, teens and adults in more than 40 programs and continues to expand. On-site and neighborhood-based social, education, and career services: Head Start, after-school, summer camp, literacy and ESL, GED, college prep, work readiness, resident support, and family programs for children and adults. These services are funded by government grants and contributions from foundations, corporations and individuals Phipps Neighborhoods is the social services affiliate of Phipps Houses, New York City’s oldest and largest nonprofit developer of affordable housing. The Phipps Houses mission is to create and sustain enduring communities through housing development, attentive property management, and residential and community based human services.