City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- COORDINATOR - JOB PLACEMENT PROGRAM
- RFP for Expert GIS Technology Consultant
- Communications - Copywriter / Graphic Designer
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Henry Street Settlement
Act as the lead grant writer for Henry Street Settlement's education programs. The education portfolio includes day care, camp, afterschool, adolescent programs including college preparation and retention, health education, and recreational programs for over 3,000 New Yorkers annually. The grant writer will be responsible for all government, foundation, and corporate grant writing and report writing - both program and capital requests. Educational programming at Henry Street is part of the Employment and Education cluster, and the Grant Writer for Education will work extremely closely with the employment services grant writer and team.
• Act as the lead grant writer for Henry Street Settlement’s education programs
• Write grant proposals and reports for foundations, corporations, and government agencies – both program and capital requests
• Stay informed of funding, policy, and programmatic trends in education
• Collaborate with program staff on project design and budgets
• Create funding plans and ensure progress towards goals
• Communicate accomplishments of existing programs to funders through reports
• Identify and solicit new funders
• Keep informed on development practices beyond proposal preparation
• Maintain excellent relationships with program staff and executive staff at all levels
• Use Raisers Edge to track all prospects, donors, proposals, reports, deadlines, and relationships
• Work effectively with program staff to research and design program elements, generate drafts for review, and lead meetings to create high quality proposals and reports
• Represent Henry Street Settlement (HSS) effectively to external stakeholders, including funders and partner agencies
• Support HSS with grants and reports in other program areas as needed – employment, shelter, health and wellness, seniors, and the arts; work with the team to edit proposals and reports in these areas
• Apply in-depth and broad knowledge of HSS programs, history and trajectory and its funders to various situations as appropriate
• Other related duties as assigned by the Deputy Officer and Development Manager
• Bachelor’s degree required; master degree preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Two (2) years of grant writing writing experience, including experience producing large, complex government proposals, as well as foundation and corporate proposals
• Knowledge of educational funding trends, policy, and programs
• Passion for and an interest in educational programs, and the social service sector
• Proven track record of securing grants is desirable
• Strong organization and editing skills
• Strong database and computer skills; familiarity with Raisers Edge a plus
• Strong ability to multi-task, and flexibility to take on new assignments as opportunities arise
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Understanding of and keen interest in policy trends, the funding climate, and other forces shaping the work
• Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including program staff, executive staff, funders, and external partners
• Ability to identify, understand, and articulate program needs and outcomes in collaboration with program staff
How TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate "Grant Writer-Education" in subject of e-mail.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Since 1893, Henry Street Settlement (HSS) has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 41-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.