City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Lantern Community Services
Organizational Role: The Case Manager is responsible for providing individualized service planning, advocacy, practical support, education, care plan coordination, and collaboration with other providers to an assigned group of residents. The Case Manager provides specialty group and individual counseling as assigned. The Case Manager reports to the Program Director. This position is exempt.
• Collaborate with other staff, providers and care-givers in the creation of an individualized service plan for each resident and monitor the appropriateness of the standards of care in each plan over time.
• Create and maintain confidential records, charts and logs for each resident. Draft appropriate entries into electronic case record following all meetings and collaborations concerning resident.
• Conduct assessment interviews with prospective residents of the housing program and assess residents’ ability to reside safely in the community.
• Assist in financial planning and budgeting to ensure that residents are able to meet and do meet their rental obligations.
• Link residents to services provided by other community based organizations.
• Conduct group and individual counseling sessions.
• Actively participate in staff team meetings, individual supervision meetings, community meetings with residents, and trainings.
• Perform other job-related functions as needed.
• MSW required, LMSW preferred,
• Experience providing direct service to one or more of the following populations: formerly or chronically homeless persons and families, persons living with AIDS /HIV, persons with mental illness or persons in recovery from addiction.
• Understanding of family dynamics and child adolescent development
• Ability to multitask, problem solve a variety of issues that arise with families and children and remain effective in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours as necessary.
• Creative, energetic professional committed to working with a team and providing the highest quality services possible.
• Bi-lingual Spanish/English required
How TO APPLY:
Note: Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for LCS to perform a criminal background check.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Notice: Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Lantern Community Services ("LCS") is the social service affiliate of Lantern Organization, a not- for-profit housing developer and service provider, established in 1997 to strengthen New York City communities by providing affordable housing and opportunities for personal development. LCS provides services to residents living in more than 1000 units of permanent affordable and supportive housing for low-income families and individuals living with special needs including mental illness, HIV/AIDS, as well as young adults aging out of foster care.