City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
The Communications Department Administrative Assistant plays a key role in facilitating daily functions of the department by providing support and serving as a liaison to other department and vendors. This person should be a team player who understands and supports the mission of the union and is interested in being part of the organization raising the profile of our campaigns, amplifying worker voices, and building internal and external awareness and support for worker issues. Ample opportunity exists to explore particular interests as they relate to media relations and communications.
• Curate daily press clips and campaign clip lists for analysis, and archive 32BJ SEIU press clips;
• Manage the 32BJ SEIU Flickr account to facilitate sharing photos with other departments and archive photos and video for future use;
• Manage online subscriptions for the communications department as well as print subscriptions to New York and regional offices;
• Serve as the liaison to Human Resources for the communications department and assist in tracking absences and new hire set ups;
• Manage and maintain 32BJ SEIU member screens.
• Manage vendor lists and payments for the communications department and ensure all payments are attributed to the correct department, budget account and campaign code;
• Provide other administrative support such as organizing monthly American Express expense reports, setting up meetings, organizing and replenishing office supplies, managing office shipping and mail.
• Two to three years of experience in administrative support work, preferably in labor, politics or advocacy organizations;
• Strong writer, able to communicate clearly, diplomatically and without errors;
• Commitment to social and economic justice, especially work with union members, low-wage and immigrant communities;
• Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines, while maintaining a calm and level-headed demeanor;
• Positive, proactive attitude and approach to the work; detail-oriented and conscientious;
• Proficient computer, database, phone system and other technological skills covering a variety of office equipment;
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and flexibility in approach to project assignments and planning;
• Sense of humor and spirit of camaraderie a strong plus;
• Very strong preference for candidates able to write and speak Spanish comfortably.
32BJ SEIU is an equal opportunity employer; women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
How TO APPLY:
Application • E-mail resume to email@example.com • No phone calls please.
32BJ SEIU, the largest property service union in the country, is seeking a dedicated, conscientious and proactive administrative assistant to support the work of 32BJ SEIU’s communications department, which manages media relations, social media and member communications for contract fights, organizing drives and legislative and political campaigns across eight states and Washington DC. This position would be based at union headquarters in New York City.