City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
ADMINISTRATIVE CONTRACT SPECIALIST, M-II
NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA)
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION (HRA) CONTRACT MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR ADMINISTRATIVE CONTRACT SPECIALIST, M-II
The New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA) is one of the nation's premier social service agencies dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all New Yorkers by providing temporary help to eligible individuals and families with social service and economic needs in order to assist them in moving out of poverty. HRA seeks an outstanding individual to serve as Director of Contract Management in the Homelessness Prevention's Legal Assistance Initiatives unit that is engaged in the complex task of contract compliance monitoring and analysis, contract renewal determination, quality assurance and service monitoring. This new organizational area is an integral part of the Mayor's initiative in preventing and addressing homelessness and housing stability in the City of New York.
The Director of Contract Management has primary responsibility for ensuring that contractors operate within contractual limits and all federal/state/city guidelines. The incumbent will:
· Direct and lead a staff performing contract specialist activities in the day-to-day management and monitoring of legal assistance contracts. Provide technical expertise to contractors and subordinates, as needed. · Monitor contractors' performance to ensure optimum performance and efficiency. Make recommendations to higher management, preparing regular summary reports on contract performance including a final report at contract closure. · Liaise with public, private and community organizations to achieve better coordination of service delivery for legal assistance. · Recommend new program approaches, as well as change in agency policies/procedures as deemed necessary. · Establish and implement control mechanism to manage program operations. · Account for the conduct of staff, when making site visits, to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements. · Enforce corrective action plans for underperforming contractors and the implementation of such plans. · Perform other related duties, as needed.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of full-time, satisfactory professional, technical or administrative experience in one or more of the following fields: program evaluation, contract negotiations/management, business or public administration, contract community relations, or related fields; at least eighteen months must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity or supervising professional personnel performing work in program evaluation, contract negotiation/management, business or public administration; or
2. A four year high school diploma, or its equivalent, and six years of full-time, professional, technical or administrative work experience in one or more of the fields cited above; at least eighteen months must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity, or supervising professional personnel as described in "1" above; or
3. A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience as cited above. However, all candidates must have the eighteen months of administrative, managerial or executive experience or experience supervising professional personnel as described in "1" above.
· Detailed knowledge of the New York City Financial Management System (FMS) and the Automated Procurement Tracking System (APTS) · Thorough knowledge of the Procurement Policy Board Rules and Regulations (PPB) regarding contracts and services. · In depth knowledge of all contract related directives of the City Comptroller's Directive. · Ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects; · Detail oriented and team player; · Demonstrated leadership, organization and management skills; · Strong oral and written communication skills.
Salary Range: $54,740 - $146,276, New York City offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. Residency Requirement: New York City Residency is required for this position. For consideration, please go to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ and search for Job ID #152284to apply.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW HRA/CITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER