City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Habitat for Humanity - NYC
The Events Manager is a new position that reports to and works closely with the Director of Development. The Events Manager will work primarily with the Resource Development team (85%) to plan, execute and manage the logistics around fundraising events. The Events Manager will also be responsible for planning, executing and managing the logistics of organization-wide, non-fundraising events (15%), such as groundbreakings and home dedications.
The Events Manager will:
Plan, budget, execute our annual Gala with a fundraising goal of $850,000-$1M;
Plan and execute new events that will help cultivate new donors and sustain Habitat New York City contacts with existing donors and other key stakeholders. Such events include special build days like Broadway Builds and Woman's Build and other special events; and
Streamline planning for organization-wide events, including but not limited to groundbreakings, home dedications, and family and volunteer recognition events.
The Events Manager will work with the Board of Directors and other key stakeholders and volunteers to establish event committees (as appropriate) that can assist with planning and execution of large-scale events, and in conjunction with other members of the Habitat NYC staff.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES The Events Manager will be an integral part of the Development team, working closely with the Director of Development, CEO and other departments. The role will focus specifically on building the capacity of the Development department's events, and on supporting staff members and volunteers to execute and plan organization-wide events. The Events Manager will be responsible for all event-related logistics, including event-related data management and graphic design coordination for event collateral and communication.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: 1. Plan and execute the organization’s events. 2. Work in collaboration with the Development staff and key staff members outside of the Development department to create a calendar of special events and a planning timeline for each event. 3. Lead and recruit additional volunteers to serve on the Committees. 4. Solicit Gifts-in-Kind and donations as needed for events. 5. Work with the Communications and Marketing team to create event collateral and marketing materials for each event, as needed. 6. Work with the Manager of Corporate Partnerships and Major Gifts Manager to create a stewardship plan for corporate partners and donors acquired through events. 7. Maintain online event management process, including oversight of event peer-to-peer fundraising. 8. Other duties as assigned pertaining to the specific project.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 3-5 years event planning/event management experience specifically in New York City, with specific experience managing large events, Gala experience for 500+ people strongly preferred.
• Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to think strategically and creatively
• Experience developing and managing event budgets
• Motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to own projects while asking for assistance when needed
• Ability to think through and create/follow timelines
• Excel at multi-tasking with various projects and deadlines; attention to detail a must
• Comfortable with working in a collaborative environment, as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills that is effective with diverse audiences
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to lift up to 20lbs
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, open, team-oriented, business casual office
• Able to work nights and weekends as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
• Experience supervising volunteers
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in fundraising and using fundraising databases
• Design experience is preferred, including basic proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Familiarity with online event marketing tools (Twitter, Facebook, Eventbrite, Kintera, etc.)
• Experience working with diverse communities and housing or related issues
• Passion and understanding of the Habitat for Humanity mission and the desire to promote it!
COMPENSATION Please indicate your salary expectations for this position in your application. Applications without salary indicated will not be considered. This full-time position offers health, dental and vision insurance, paid days off, retirement and other benefits, including potential for bonus.
EOE: People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply; Habitat NYC is committed to a diverse workplace, and we support our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
How TO APPLY:
To apply send your resume and cover letter via email to Tracy Cramer, Director of Development firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Application for Event Manager Position” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted through July 9, 2014 or until position is filled. Candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.