City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- Marketing & Communications Manager
- Paid Investigative Reporting Internships
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English Community Liaison
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Citizens Committee for New York City
Citizens Committee for New York City is a small non-profit organization committed to supporting resident-led community improvement initiatives in primarily low income neighborhoods throughout the city.
We seek a full-time Program Coordinator to assist with all tasks involved in supporting the grassroots groups in our network. Interested individuals should share our commitment to resident-led community change.
Community Outreach: Citizens Committee conducts outreach in primarily low-income neighborhoods throughout NYC to increase awareness of our programs and to make us more accessible to a larger number of people. You will support our outreach efforts, including tabling at community events, attending local conferences, and making announcements at community board meetings.
Grant Management: Citizens Committee awards micro-grants to resident-led groups working on self-identified community improvement projects ranging from urban agriculture to tenant organizing. You will: help review grant applications; communicate with grant applicants to offer feedback on their project proposals; meet with new grantees to become more familiar with their projects and connect them with other resources; visit grantees for events and work days; and collect final reports from grantees.
Workshop Facilitation: Citizens Committee conducts capacity- building workshops for members of grassroots community groups and individuals interested in carrying out community improvement projects. You will co-facilitate and facilitate these workshops using our curriculum, which is based on popular education methodology. Workshop topics include community organizing basics, navigating city government, and grassroots fundraising, among others. You will also collect RSVPs for all of our workshops.
Project Planning Assistance: Citizens Committee provides planning assistance to resident-led groups. You will: offer groups feedback on projects and campaigns; help groups think and work through challenges; contribute to developing strategies; and connect groups with resources.
Data Management: Citizens Committee supports hundreds of groups each year, we have the most extensive database of grassroots groups in NYC. Having accurate and clean data for these groups is essential. It allows us to quickly produce reports, note trends, and identify areas for improvement, among other things. You will administer our Salesforce data management system,contributing ideas on how to effectively maintain and harness data we collect.
We seek someone who shares our love of the city and our commitment to resident-led community change. The ideal candidate will:
• Be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
• Have excellent writing skills
• Have at least some experience facilitating workshops and with public speaking
• Understand that there is always room for improvement
• Take initiative, think creatively, offer new ideas, and push us to become a more effective organization
• Have at least one year of community organizing experience, preferably in NYC
• Appreciate the importance and power of a well-maintained data management system
• Be friendly, easy to get along with, and have a good sense of humor
• Understand the importance of meeting deadlines
• Have a flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends when needed
How TO APPLY:
Please review the job description carefully. If you believe that this position is a great fit for you, we encourage you to send us your resume and cover letter.
Applicants should mail, email, or fax a cover letter and resume to:
Citizens Committee for New York City 77 Water St., #202, New York, NY 10005
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 212.989.0983