City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. As the COO's chief deputy, the Controller will be involved in supporting presentations to the board finance and audit committees and will work closely with the senior leadership team.
The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations of a budget of $10 million and supervise a team of four staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration. The Controller will ensure that Turning Point has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct timely and accurate audits. The Controller will work closely with program leaders and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING LEADERSHIP
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
• Coordinate all audit activity.
• Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of Turning Point’s financial status;
• Assist Turning Point’s leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
• Support the COO in engaging the board’s audit and finance committees around issues and analyses in financial data.
• Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants;
• Manage organizational cash flow forecasting; continuously collaborate with leadership to assess the financial efficiency of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
• Leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals;
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other Business related fields
• Seven to ten years of Accounting or Finance experience
• Experience leading a team of financial management professionals
• CPA license required
How TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com and type “Turning Point Controller” in the subject line. The application deadline is July 17, 2014. No phone calls please. Turning Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Turning Point (turningpointbrooklyn.org) is a community-based organization located in Sunset Park and Red Hook that serves all of Brooklyn. We provide holistic support to underserved individuals through education, health and social services programs that make a real difference in our community. We are devoted to empowering individuals to achieve mental, physical and spiritual wellness, and we pride ourselves on offering programs and services that truly turn lives around. Together with our donors, staff, volunteers and community partners, we are building a better Brooklyn one person at a time.