City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
New Destiny Housing Corporation
Background: New Destiny Housing Corporation is a growing 20-year old New York City nonprofit with the mission of creating long-term stability and safety for families and individuals at risk of homelessness and domestic violence. New Destiny develops and operates service-enriched affordable rental housing and delivers services and innovative programs to help domestic violence survivors identify, obtain, and maintain safe, permanent housing.
Job Description: New Destiny Housing is seeking a full-time Development Director to design and implement a fundraising and communications strategy that can strengthen the organization's overall fundraising capacity and increase its visibility. The Development Director will supervise two part-time staff members (a grant writer and a communications associate) and report directly to the Executive Director.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement an annual fundraising and communications plan for the organization that supports its recently-adopted 3- year strategic plan
• Coordinate grant applications and reports, including budget reports, for funders
• Support and partner with the ED and board members on all major fundraising inititatives
• Maintain and update the fundraising data- base using e-Tapestry donor management software
• Coordinate, support, and monitor the Board’s annual mail appeal
• Take the lead in planning the organization’s annual fundraising benefit
• Research and cultivate potential government and private grant sources with the goal of expanding funding from both sectors
• Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with existing and new donors
• Monitor and report regularly to the ED and the Board on the progress of the development program
• Supervise two part-time employees: a grant-writer and a communications associate
• Other activities as appropriate
• Bachelor of Arts degree
• At least 5 years demonstrated experience in nonprofit fundraising
• Computer literacy and experience in Word, Excel and e-Tap (or similar donor management software)
• Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to express organization goals to potential donors in a compelling fashion
• Experience preparing program budgets with knowledge of Fund E-Z accounting software desirable
• Experience coordinating events
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• A professional and resourceful style that allows the candidate to work independently and as a team player
• Enthusiasm and passion for New Destiny’s mission
How TO APPLY:
Competitive salary dependent upon experience. New Destiny offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and pension. To apply please send a resume and a cover letter with salary history/requirements to email@example.com.