City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
PROGRAM DIRECTOR - MIDDLE SCHOOL AFTER SCHOOL PROG
New Settlement Apartments
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: Middle School After School Program (MSASP) at the Comprehensive Model School Project (CMSP 327) in the NSCC, is an extended day program designed to support the academic, social, emotional and physical development of middle school students through a comprehensive mix of engaging activities.
The MSASP will serve 150 during the academic year, three hours after school, Monday through Friday. The program will provide special activities during some school holiday breaks and on occasional Saturdays. COMPENSATION: $60,000. Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k).
• Participate in developing e a program model, and lead a team to implement curricula that will nurture and encourage middle schoolers to discover and develop their interests, talents, and goals, by offering high quality youth-centered activities.
• Recruit, hire, train, and supervise the after school staff (education specialist, group leaders, assistant group leaders, administrative assistant, teaching artists and activity specialists). Develop on-going professional development plans for staff.
• Recruit 150 students in the program for the 2014-2015 school year.
• Collaborate productively with the school administration and teachers to support the effective integration of in-school and extended day learning goals.
• Build strong relationships with parents and other community resources in order to enrich the experiences of students and their families in the program.
• Collect and maintain accurate and up-to-date attendance and program data, evaluate and asses program effectiveness and submit reports to track the impact of the program on student success.
• Ensure compliance with all safety policies and fulfill the New York State School-Aged Child Care licensing requirements of the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, Division of Child Care Services.
Hold a Master’s Degree in social work, education, program administration or youth development; have a strong history of leadership, program design, supervision (including recruiting, selecting, supervising staff) and collaborative partnering. Ideally, bilingual (English/Spanish), grounded in community-based work and sensitive to different cultural practices and beliefs. Commitment to create a welcoming program environment and culture, where youth are held accountable to meet high expectations and supported in doing so through positive, structured, holistic programming. HOURS: Monday-Friday, 10a-6p; some evenings and Saturdays. Must have strong verbal and written communication as well as excellent organizational and administrative skills.
How TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, résumé and list of three professional references to email@example.com , subject: “Middle School After School Program Search,” or to attn.: MSASP search New Settlement Apartments, 1512 Townsend Ave., Bronx, NY 10452. EEO/AA. No phone calls please.
We are a non-profit, mixed-income housing and community-service organization with a 25-year track record of active commitment to neighborhood revitalization, community building and organizing, and positive youth development. Our community services currently provide year-round educational, cultural and recreational programs and social services to more than 11,000 youth and adults who live in the surrounding area.