City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
- Policy Associate for Early Childhood Education and Education
- Policy Associate for Research and Data
- Coalition Coordinator
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Director of Field Services
Director of Field Services - Committee of Interns and Residents (New York Area)
CIR/ SEIU Healthcare - Committee of Interns and Residents
Director of Field Services (New York area)
CIR is committed to fully engaging our physician-members on hospital worksite and CIR issues. To accomplish this, we need a highly driven and committed individual who has strong interpersonal communications skills, and can effectively solve problems. The Director of Field Services is responsible for coordinating internal organizing (chapter building, leadership development and contract negotiations) to build and maintain a strong CIR presence and identity in every organized region as well as a coherent national agenda. The Director is responsible for directly supervising and training the Area Directors and coordinating training and development for contract organizers.
What you gain from a position with CIR:
* Hands-on experience strengthening physician involvement in collective bargaining, political advocacy and related union activities, with the opportunity to develop a national agenda for engaging physicians in their worksites.
* Opportunity to work directly with physicians-in-training, gaining an understanding of front line providers in the hospital setting.
* Opportunity to create and experiment with innovative value-based programming program to engage physician members aligned with CIR's overall strategic plan.
* Opportunity to address issues related to access of affordable quality healthcare and quality improvements to the health care system.
* Opportunity to supervise employees with responsibility for training and development.
* Opportunity to develop skills in contract negotiations, health care economics and political advocacy.
* Competitive salary
* Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, car allowance, disability, 403(b), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time.
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
* Minimum 4 year degree, BA/BS, additional degree in relevant area preferred
* Minimum 5 years relevant bargaining/organizing/chapter building experience
* Prior supervisory experience
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to manage conflict and adversarial situations
* Ability to work independently, think critically, and prioritize multiple tasks
* Healthcare experience preferred, but not required
* Must have a valid driver's license
CIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How TO APPLY: