City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Campaign Director for Airports
Campaign Director for Airports Grade: E
Flexible Location: This position can be based in Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles,CA; San Francisco Bay Area, CA or New York, NY. Other locations will be considered.
This position, as a member of the Property Services Strategy and Program Team, is responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategy and direction for the operations of specific designated campaigns within the Property Services Division.
Primary Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification)
Directs, plans, develops and implements all aspects of strategies for the campaign, including state, local and national work.
Develops state plans and strategies to support the implementation of the campaign.
Manages and supervises all campaign staff, including state campaign staff, and coordinates with SWU to assure accountability from field staff.
Develops and manages the overall budget for campaign, and authorizes related expenditures.
Coordinates with SEIU departments, divisions, Area offices, state councils, local unions and other SEIU bodies on strategy, resource allocation, staffing and other issues related to the campaign.
Develops relationships with and coordinates work with other organizations and agendas in the states where the campaign strategy is working or nationally.
Advises SEIU Property Services Director on political opportunities and strategies relating to the interaction with other campaigns.
Directs and advises the field, communications, policy and operations teams to assure integration of all work in conjunction with the campaign.
Advises and recommends to the Property Services Director on resource allocation and state campaign budgets based on an analysis of opportunity and campaign capacity.
Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Include all SEIU and affiliate staff, state and local council directors, federal and state political leaders, policy analysts and others who work in coalition with AHC issues.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports the Property Services Division Director and works independently.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelors degree in political science, labor relations, public relations, health care or a related field, an advanced degree preferred and at least ten (10) years of grassroots union, political or issue campaign work, five (5) of which was in a campaign leadership position with staff supervisory responsibility or a combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Thorough knowledge of strategic tactics unions use in organizing campaigns.
* Thorough knowledge of healthcare policies and programs.
* Thorough knowledge of strategies used in political campaigns.
* Thorough knowledge of legislative and/or organizing campaigns.
* Knowledge and experience in the use of polling, research and direct mail strategies in campaigns.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
* Ability to develop good working relationships and to lead teams.
* Ability to recruit, develop and supervise staff.
* Ability to develop strategies, budgets and implement plans
* Ability to develop political campaign plans, programs, logistics and timelines
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
* Skill in the use of personal computer, including Microsoft Office and the Internet
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours and extensive travel required.
In addition to a resume, a cover letter is required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How TO APPLY:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/kwx5d65