City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Director of Compliance
Lantern Community Services
Lantern Community Services is seeking a Director of Compliance who will be responsible for professional level management activities including compliance with internal, state and federal regulations, determining risk exposure, and overseeing and monitoring the compliance program. S/he will ensure we maintain confidentiality as required under our contracts, assist with providing direction in complying with all legal requests at our sites (such as subpoenas from the district attorney's office). The Director of Compliance will report to the Director of Operations. This position is exempt.
Responsibilities: Contract Management o Responsible for oversight of relevant contracts including, expiration dates, completion of renewals, outcomes or expectations and other relevant information to ensure compliance, including management of information and correspondence with funders. o Develop effective, transparent tracking tools to review the status of all contracts, updates with respect to renewals. o Oversee and review all reporting by all staff and ensure such reporting is done on a timely basis and is also accurate. o Work closely with the finance department on the development of scopes for each budget, preparing the narrative to accompany each scope and review for accuracy and completeness. This may also include assistance with any funding applications that may require evidence of contractual compliance.
External Agency Communication
• Establish relationships with all contractual funders to understand changes in the programs as they occur, address concerns and questions.
• Oversee all reporting to local, state and federal funders by tracking due dates and ensuring all reports are completed accurately and on time.
• Maintain a calendar outlining reporting due dates and ensure compliance with those dates, with drafts prepared with sufficient time for review by all relevant parties.
• Prepare and maintain all VENDEX forms for future submissions, any documents or actions needed to comply with the State’s funding system Grants Gateway, and New York City’s funding system HHS Accelerator or any similar system compliance needs.
o Ensure programs deliver services in compliance with audit standards, approved scopes of work and within approved budgets. o Conduct dry audits at all properties to assess regulatory compliance. o Address all contract concerns and violations (oversee the preparation of all corrective action plans) and put in place measures to review these on an ongoing basis. o Develop and implement review tools and reporting mechanisms for programs to use to ensure compliance. o Implement internal system-wide periodic compliance review of contracts and programs in response to internal or external requests including regular review of such audit requirements as fire drills or apartment inspections. o Establish strategies to improve efficiencies, reduce risk, and vulnerability to fraud, abuse and/or waste. o Participates in periodic, systematic reviews of policies and procedures and updates in alignment with organization's changing needs and evaluative or accrediting body standards as well as compliance with any legal or contractual requirements
Experience and Qualifications: The successful candidate will be mission-driven and passionate about our services in achieving organizational excellence. S/he will have incredible initiative, the ability to work well under pressure, a very high level of computer proficiency (with the ability to learn new technologies and databases) and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to complete complex projects in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have excelled academically and must have top-notch writing, research as well as communication and organizational skills. S/he must be adept in implementing multiple projects. Specific requirements include:
• J.D. or a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field with commensurate work experience
• Some prior experience overseeing contract and regulatory compliance preferred.
• Experience with government oversight agencies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an attention to detail and organization.
How TO APPLY:
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in the position. Notes: Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check. Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Lantern Community Services (“LCS”) was founded in 1996 in order to strengthen the social and economic stability and independence of residents of permanent affordable and supportive housing in the New York City metro area. We deliver onsite supportive services to low-income families and individuals living in more than 1,400 units located in 14 congregate buildings throughout New York City. LCS provides the employment and education, referral and benefits counseling essential to fostering housing retention and goal advancement for the LCS residents, many of whom have special needs, including mental illness and HIV/AIDS, as well as young adults aging out of foster care. LCS also oversees the leasing and regulatory compliance of the residents to maintain housing stability.