City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Major Gift Officer
PLEASE NOTE:Successful candidate may work remotely from NYC metro area.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Advancement, the Major Gift Officer serves as a front-line fundraiser and member of the a regional or affinity-based fundraising team. Primary duties include establishing and managing effective relationships with varied donor prospects and existing annual and major donors; and assisting in building a successful regional fundraising program for the assigned region or affinity group. The Major Gift Officer will identify and qualify potential major donors, and design and implement successful cultivation and solicitation strategies. The Major Gift Officer will solicit prospects and identify and motivate those alumni, faculty, volunteers, and friends who can advance the development function at the College. The Major Gift Officer is expected to conduct 16-20 donor visits per month and manage a portfolio of 150+ prospects. In addition to the incumbent's role as a major gift officer, s/he will assist staff in Advancement, Student Life and Admissions by building volunteer engagement and supporting donor engagement efforts.
Manage a portfolio of primary prospects in an assigned territory (NYC/NJ)
Manage prospect activity in the primary territories.
Manage prospects in a secondary territory (CT and Long Island, NY)
Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
Make solicitations when appropriate
Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
Work collaboratively with college development and advancement officers. Be a resource for development/advancement staff, from identifying potential volunteer connections to knowing about meeting and event spaces in key locations.
Focus on securing support for a set of campus-wide priorities. Provide counsel to the vice president for advancement, associate vice president for advancement and director of alumnae relations on outreach programming in the Major Gift Officer's primary territory.
• Bachelor’s Degree. Five to seven years successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising preferably in higher education
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the college
• Interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting the college’s fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships with faculty, senior academic leaders, trustees, volunteers, and the advancement office team
• Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas.
• Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments.
PLEASE NOTE: Successful candidate may work remotely from NYC metro area.