City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
- COORDINATOR - JOB PLACEMENT PROGRAM
- RFP for Expert GIS Technology Consultant
- Communications - Copywriter / Graphic Designer
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Employment Services Associate
Position Description The Employment Services Associate will serve as a critical part of the UpGlo New York Employment Services team in creating opportunities to ensure placements for UpGlo's job seeker clients, primarily focused on job search coaching for high-skilled immigrant professionals. The Employment Services Associate (ESA) will individually coach and create job opportunities for candidates from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds. The ESA will report directly to the Employment Services Manager and be responsible for working closely with ES team members and with colleagues overseeing the training, corporate, and volunteer services programs. This position is performance-based, and success is measured by meeting successful placements rates, employer cultivation targets, and strong, thoughtful job coaching performance.
Job Seeker Coaching (75%)
• Provide support and coaching to 40-60 active job seekers at any given time including: career path planning, industry-specific resource sharing, resume support, cover letter support, interview preparation, and contract review consultation.
• Develop understanding of key industries, using existing and new resources, in order to provide productive jobseeker support and resources within these industries.
• Share responsibility for final resume quality review for job seekers who graduate from training and initial resume development for job seekers during training.
• Maintain a comprehensive and ongoing knowledge of our job seeker talent pool across a range of sectors.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of clients through weekly communication, use of assessment tools, and tracking; critically evaluate candidates’ fit for professional opportunities based on set criteria and present to employers.
• Facilitate 8+ professional placements per month, in support of team goals, by critically evaluating job seeker clients’ status to develop differentiated strategies to expedite their reemployment.
• Work with the team to organize industry round tables and create informational interview opportunities for job seekers.
• Maintain detailed relationship records and notes of clients and accounts using SalesForce database.
Employer Network (EN) Cultivation Responsibilities (25%):
• Coordinate UpGlo’s resume job board administration in the New York office using ForceFinder: Employer account management and cultivation; resume and profile evaluation and management; and evaluation and sharing of open positions posted by employers there.
• Work with national UpGlo staff to match job seekers with existing and potential employers and make referrals.
• Conduct research of sector and hiring trends to identify employers with unique hiring needs that can be met by globally experienced candidates, utilizing strategies including social media, cold outreach, and networking.
• Meet new employer outreach and engagement goal of 8 unique new contacts per quarter.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required (HR, Social Work, Nonprofit, Marketing, or Business).
• 3-5 years of full-time work experience as a job coach, direct service provider and/or outreach specialist in the nonprofit or government sectors.
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeding program and individual goals.
• Significant experience working in diverse multicultural environments and sensitivity to ethnic and cultural diversity.
• Sound judgment and ability to develop a deep knowledge of job seekers’ and employers’ needs.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills: detail-oriented, able to efficiently manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Working knowledge of database systems, such as SalesForce or similar.
• Proven commitment to the mission and values of Upwardly Global.
• Sensitivity to ethnic and cultural diversity. Must have commitment to work from a strengths based perspective
Additional Desired Experience:
• Knowledge of workforce training, human resources, or career development programs.
• Work experience within cross-functional teams.
• Training or workshop facilitation experience.
• Editing or proofreading experience.
• Strong quantitative and data analysis skills.
• Basic experience with online learning platforms.
• Knowledge of social media tools and online resources relating to career development.
How TO APPLY:
To apply, please e-mail your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements included to Sarah Olson, Employment Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30, 2014. In the subject line of the email, write “EMPLOYMENT SERVICES ADVISOR – NY”. No phone calls please. Due to staff capacity, only candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted. Upwardly Global is an equal opportunity employer.
Upwardly Global is a national, award-winning nonprofit organization, founded in 2000, with offices in New York, San Francisco, and Chicago. Upwardly Global (UpGlo) helps work-authorized, skilled immigrants rebuild their professional careers in the U.S. by providing professional job-search training and access to companies with global talent needs, including recognized local and national businesses, Fortune 500 companies, and global organizations. For more information about the organization, please visit www.upwardlyglobal.org.