City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Bookkeeper - Part Time
American Federation for Aging Research
Bookkeeper Part Time - 2 days per week
The American Federation for Aging Research (AFAR) is a New York based nonprofit organization whose mission is to support biomedical research on aging (www.afar.org). AFAR was founded in 1981 to fund and nurture talented scientists and physicians and to encourage them to pursue lifelong careers in research focused on aging processes and age-related diseases. Today, three decades later, AFAR has awarded grants totaling approximately $140 million in support of research and the training of new scientists and physicians in aging research and geriatric medicine.
AFAR is seeking a part-time bookkeeper to work with the Finance Director in the fiscal management of the organization.
• Code and enter accounts payable invoices, expense reports, etc. into the accounting system.
• Cut accounts payable checks on a weekly basis and grant award checks as required.
• Prepare bank deposits.
• Code and enter new grants payable as AFAR makes awards.
• Assist in the ongoing reconciliation of grant awards payable.
• Maintain all finance paper and electronic files.
• Prepare monthly bank and Visa expense reconciliations.
• Assist in the preparation of financial/grant reports as necessary.
• Assist in annual audit preparation as required.
Work Experience and Education Requirements
• 3 – 5 years of bookkeeping experience in companies requiring a financial statement audit.
• Full charge bookkeeping experience highly desirable.
• Nonprofit work experience required.
• Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge software required.
• Associates degree in accounting or certificate from accredited trade school - minimum educational requirement.
Salary commensurate with experience. August 2014 start date.
How TO APPLY:
To apply please email resume with cover letter and salary requirements to : firstname.lastname@example.org.