City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
THE POINT Community Development Corp.
Development Program: Plans, directs and implements a comprehensive development program that generates individual & corporate donors, foundation, philanthropic and various artistic, governmental, and educational support. 1. Directs a fund development program that includes the annual fund plan, foundation and corporate gifts, special events and planned giving; 2. Oversees and implements strategies that will grow annual revenue, writes proposals and secures funding from corporate and foundation donors; 3. Leads strategies and research to identify, prioritize, cultivate, solicit, recognize and steward all donors and prospects; 4. In coordination with the Executive Director and Program Managers, builds and sustains relationships with current, new and potential grant-giving organizations and individuals; 5. Maintains an accurate grants calendar and transmits this information monthly to the Executive Director; 6. Manages individual donor campaigns, including membership renewals and special appeals; 7. Works to secure progressive and/or socially responsible business partners for projects and organizational partnerships. In coordination with the Executive Director and Program Managers, manages a portfolio of donors and prospects (including artists and musicians); 8. Manages organizational membership database - creates profiles and tracks donors and prospects; and, in coordination with staff, issues email announcements as necessary; 9. Develops, markets and implements a planned giving program to ensure THE POINT's long- term financial health; 10. Collaborates with staff and consultants to ensure that publications and website include program and community focused content; 11. Assists the Executive Director and Program Managers in working with the board to enhance development efforts.
Communications: Works with staff, consultants, and board to ensure strong communications across all program areas to strengthen THE POINT's overall effectiveness. 1. Collaborates with staff, consultants, board and grantees to gather stories and statistics that demonstrate the organization's work; 2. Coordinates public relations activities with the Executive Director's schedule. Management: Performs general management responsibilities, including annual plans, budgets, reports, and evaluation and oversight of gift tracking systems. 1. Prepares annual development plan to corresponding budget outlining revenue and expenses; monitors progress against goals and produces monthly reports; 2. Works as an effective and proactive team player.
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Minimum three years experience in charitable fund development ;
• Demonstrated success in securing major and annual gifts from foundations and corporations;
• Demonstrated success in meeting annual fund goals, development management, grant writing, sponsorships and special events;
• Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and donors ;
• Excellent written/oral communication skills;
• Demonstrated track record with respect to detail orientation and accuracy;
• Computer literacy and competency with electronic donor tracking systems;
• Commitment to The Hunts Point Community and THE POINT’s mission;
• Knowledge of both New York City communities and national philanthropic communities;
• Demonstrated success in soliciting and securing major gifts from individuals.
• Strong knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of successful fundraising;
• Ability to lead multiple long- and short- term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines; ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work; ability to work unsupervised and make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively;
• Ability to work well under pressure;
• Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities; ability to communicate clearly in person and in writing;
• Ability to manage and share pertinent information with staff and board;
• Proven ability to work effectively with board members, colleagues, donors and volunteers;
• Ability to present, inform and motivate individuals and groups about THE POINT’s mission;
• Goal-oriented, persistent and persuasive in the contact, follow-through and completion of acquiring donor gifts;
• Thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work;
• Understands the confidential nature of fundraising efforts and donor information, and maintains confidences.
How TO APPLY:
*cover letter and resume to: Irene Perez, Human Resources Manager at: email@example.com. In subject area, please write Development Manager Position. Application deadline: 07/30/2014
*(No resumes accepted via regular mail or hand- delivered.)
THE POINT Community Development Corporation is a non-profit organization dedicated to youth development and the cultural and economic revitalization of the Hunts Point section of the South Bronx. We work with our neighbors to celebrate the life and art of our community, an area traditionally defined solely in terms of its poverty, crime rate, poor schools, and sub- standard housing. We believe the area’s residents, their talents and their aspirations are THE POINT’s greatest assets. Our mission is to encourage the arts, local enterprise, responsible ecology, and self-investment in the Hunts Point community.