City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
SCO Family of Services
SCO is looking for a well-qualified Youth Specialist.
• Provide 24/7 “eyes on” client supervision, which includes ensuring compliance with a daily schedule and maintaining program structure.
• Implement group and individual treatment plans utilizing the Missouri approach.
• Develops and models effective relationships and behaviors with youth, co-workers and treatment team.
• Ensures that residents are provided with quality care in matters of health, safety, clothing, hygiene and meals and provides immediate therapeutic crisis intervention.
• Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the program by supporting a safe, orderly, caring and therapeutic environment.
• Accompanies youth to school, appointments and all group activities.
• Appropriately confronts negative behaviors whenever it occurs.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum possession of a High School Diploma required; Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Previous experience in group work, which involved direct care and interaction with children.
• This position requires successful completion of Safety Crisis Management (SCM) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required SCM refreshers in order to maintain continued employment.
• Ability to work varying hours as required.
• A valid driver’s license from NY, NJ or CT required.
• Must be able to provide excellent references.
How TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the position mentioned above, please apply directly online at
Please keep in mind that it is not possible for us to personally contact every candidate, but rest assured that your information will be reviewed and one of our hiring managers will contact you if you’re being considered for the position.
SCO FAMILY OF SERVICES is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
SCO operates more than 90 programs at over 110 locations. We provide necessary services and unconditional care to more than 60,000 of New York’s most vulnerable people – from homeless families, to struggling teenagers and families at- risk to disabled adults. We produce life-changing results for individuals and families by focusing on safety, stability and mastery, building resilience, strengthening the capacity to make meaningful connections, function independently and become fully integrated into the community.