City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Senior Program Manager
NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA)
Office of Citywide Health Insurance Access (OCHIA)
Senior Program Manager Administrative Director of Social Services M-I
The Human Resources Administration Office of Citywide Health Insurance Access's (OCHIA) mission is to improve access to health insurance for all New Yorkers. To do this, OCHIA works collaboratively with City agencies, nonprofit agencies, community and faith-based organizations, and immigrant communities and leaders to plan, implement, evaluate, and improve outreach and enrollment activities for NYC residents, small business employers, and small business employees.
With implementation of the Affordable Care Act by the State of New York, individuals and small businesses are facing significant changes in how public and private health insurance is available to them. At this critical time of rapid change, OCHIA is looking for a motivated individual to manage and develop outreach, enrollment assistance, and training efforts. As a key member of the office's Programs, Outreach and Partnership team, the Senior Program Manager will be responsible for enhancing existing partnerships and developing new ones throughout the ongoing changes and transformations in health insurance at the local, state and federal levels.
Senior Program Manager will:
· Manage grant and project specific activities and deliverables, provide oversight and guidance to project staff, and lead evaluation efforts as assigned by the Director; · Design and plan partner meetings, trainings, and presentations. Develop customized informational materials in collaboration with the Strategic Development Unit for these efforts; · Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal partners, other City agency staff, and external organizations; · Support and enhance City agencies in their development and implementation of health insurance enrollment strategies; · Develop and implement special consumer education initiatives to promote health insurance programs and other health care access resources; · Represent the office in public and private forums; · Assist with other special projects as assigned by the Director and Executive Deputy Commissioner.
· Master's Degree in Health Administration, Public Administration, Education, Social Work, or related field. · A minimum of five years of work experience in community outreach, program management, social work or a related field. Two years of supervisory experience preferred. · Strong management and interpersonal skills; capable of being a team member as well as a team leader. · Ability to work with a wide variety of staff from within and outside city government. · Knowledge of eligibility requirements of public and private health insurance programs. · Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. · Strong project management skills. Well organized with attention to detail. · Excellent written and oral communication skills. · Strong computer software skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access).
Qualification Requirements: 1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and four years of progressively responsible experience, including one year at the administrative or managerial level in a large governmental agency, business firm, civic or community organization operating in the area of social services; or 2. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" above. However, all candidates must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and the one year of experience at the administrative or management level as described in "1" above.
Salary Range: $53,373 - $136,198. New York City offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For consideration, please go to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov and search for Job ID #157128 to apply. SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW HRA/CITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER