City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
SCO Family of Services
SCO is looking for a well-qualified Advocate Counselor.
• Recruit students, conduct intake assessments and interviews
• Engage students’ families and assist with identified needs
• Provide student and family referrals to community resources
• Work in a collaborative team, including participation in staff meetings, retreats, staff development in order to support student progress
• Monitor and document student attendance and academic progress
• Conduct attendance outreach, including home visits
• Provide counseling, crisis intervention, conflict mediation and assistance as needed
• Plan and facilitate groups with students
• Support the Internship Coordinator
• Develop and implement student enrichment activities and after-school electives
• Other duties as required
• SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
The Advocate Counselor serves as the primary person in guiding students through the academic, social and personal expectations that are involved in achieving a High School diploma and establishing realistic post-secondary plans. The Advocate Counselor serves as liaison to outside resources and partner to a Generalist teacher.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field required. MSW preferred.
• Two years working with at risk youth.
• Group work experience preferred.
• School-based experience preferred.
How TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the position mentioned above, please apply directly online at
Please keep in mind that it is not possible for us to personally contact every candidate, but rest assured that your information will be reviewed and one of our hiring managers will contact you if you’re being considered for the position.
SCO FAMILY OF SERVICES is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
SCO operates more than 90 programs at over 110 locations. We provide necessary services and unconditional care to more than 60,000 of New York’s most vulnerable people – from homeless families, to struggling teenagers and families at- risk to disabled adults. We produce life-changing results for individuals and families by focusing on safety, stability and mastery, building resilience, strengthening the capacity to make meaningful connections, function independently and become fully integrated into the community.