City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
Communications - Copywriter / Graphic Designer
Assist with the development and implementation of communications related to union campaigns.
• Write leaflets, bulletins, program ads and other print materials.
• Proofread, edit and revise all communications content as necessary
• Ensure that all communication is consistent and reflects the Union’s strategic vision
• Oversee in-house printing and mailing services
• Serve as a point person for all process materials requests (buttons, flyers, t-shirts, etc.) from field staff and oversee production and shipment of those materials
• Design print materials and other union swag
• Serve as a point person for sourcing materials and work with outside vendors on special projects
• Understand office correspondence formats and enforce standards for mass mailings
• Budget and track communications expenditures
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of two years of work experience as a graphic designer and/or production coordinator.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
• Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel
• Ability to frame issues for specific audiences and develop simple and effective advocacy materials
• Must be detail-oriented, resourceful and have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
• Prior work experience with the union movement or other grassroots advocacy campaigns preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish a plus.
How TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title that you're applying for on the subject line.
UNITE HERE is a labor union that represents 270,000 working people across North America. Our members in the U.S. and Canada work in the hotel, gaming, food service, manufacturing, textile, distribution, laundry, transportation, and airport industries.
Our membership is diverse. We are predominantly women and people of color, and we hail from all corners of the planet. Together, we are building a movement to enable people of all backgrounds to achieve greater equality and opportunity.